Monday, October 26, 2009

Show and Tell


You can find them from high {over $3000} to low {$99.00} , but you may be hard pressed to find the lower priced version , and might come across the awful words {no longer available}
I have been wanting to update my bedroom lighting especially since my recent reno breathed new life into this room.

I have had my eye on this fixture for a little while, I decided to treat myself with it after missing out on some recent finds. It was after all marked down , I picked it up at Home Depot.

When I was walking out I realized I had been over charged , happy to turn around and ask for the adjustment and looking at the pricing with a worker , yes I was correct I was over charged , so not only did they adjust the price the knocked another $10.00 off , so it turned out to be my lucky day after all.






56 little tiny bags encased the capiz shells , one strand by one strand I had to put this fixture together , this may explain the value pricing , still wearing my fake nails from the weekend this was not a fun task , but it was worth it .




Isn't it perfect , I love it so much , it doesn't even have bulbs in it yet , I am so delighted.

There is nothing like bargain lighting to perk up your mood.




18 comments:

Jane said...

I love it! and such a bargain, too. Great job!!! Your chandelier looks perfect in your bedroom.

Jane (artfully graced)

the7daggetts said...

Yes, I love it!! I'm working on a beachy room for my oldest daughter, and I would love to put a capiz shell chandelier in there. You got yours through Home Depot? I'm gonna have to try there. Love your bedroom! Have a great day! Beth.

Sharon said...

It is perfect. Just completes your room.

And a bargain to boot!!! does it get better? I don't think so.

cousin Deb said...

It's perfect like everything else you do!

So Not Martha said...

I have the same fixture in my living room! Mine wasn't on sale though :( I love it!!!

anne said...

Super Cute and a Terrific Bargin to Boot! Good job "Kate"!

Pink Daisys Blog Spot said...

I Love it! The whole room is just beautiful! You really the eye for making things beautiful. Thanks for sharing and keeping us all inspired.
Have a great day!
Mechelle

a little bit vintage said...

This looks great in your room! :) BTW, you have an award waiting for you on my blog. :) http://littlebitvintage.blogspot.com/2009/10/award.html

Smiles,
Rachel

texasdaisey said...

What a pretty fixture and at such a good price. You did good girl.
Debbie

Jenna said...

I have been wanting one just like that for a while now! BEAUTIFUL!

Cathy said...

Oh this is cute, cute, cute! Great find..

{{Hugs}}

Cathy

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

It works perfectly in that room. Love that you got a discount!

cK said...

OMG, I just found your blog today and I am loving it!

The fact that we share the same initials is only part of it! LOL I'm looking forward to starting at the beginning and reading it all!

Katy said...

that IS wonderful, I want to go find one.

~Holly~ said...

i absolutely LOVE it! so pretty!! and i love how you have redone your room. very jealous! :)

Brie said...

Beautiful!

cottoncolors said...

I love capiz shell fixtures. I am trying to figure out a place where one would work in my house!

Marie said...

Hello Kate I mean Chris - LOL. I adore your new chandy! I can't imagine the patience it took to put it together, but it was definitely worth it! So fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com