Saturday, October 3, 2009

What am I working on today ?

I am currently working on the rooms of two little girls , who are transitioning into their big girl beds , two very lucky girls who's mom's have made it a priority to create beautiful rooms for their little princesses.
This room has the lovely recessed paneling I love , and a soft pink shade on the upper walls , and look at that chandelier , I know gorgeous, right!
I had the pleasure of meeting a lovely lady recently when I bought two of her shelves from Kijiji, she inquired about a custom headboard ,why yes I can do that .

So after a few weeks deciding on fabric it is currently in production , I am so excited to get this headboard completed . I say it should be complete in a week. I just need to find those nailhead trim strips , we don't have them locally , Toronto bound I guess, anyone know where in TO I can find them. It will turn out much nicer with the strips .
I am calling this piece the "claire".
They have purchased the duvet cover above in white , it is from West Elm , I think it is the perfect choice as it is luxurious but not babyish , it will grow with her for many years and if need be it can be boraxed or bleached clean .




This is the style that they settled on but with a nailhead trim in chrome , it will be stunning we are doing it in velvet cream velvet , it will be scrumptious.
{I am just doing the headboard not the whole surround for the box spring.}





No comments: