Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tip alert

{ *Edited to show you the front hall table that I need the right lamp for }
After baking goodies for Thanksgiving this past weekend it resulted in quite a messy spill at the bottom , thankfully I have a closed element stove ,but I knew I was in for some serious cleaning . I thought while I thought of it and while the oven was still warm I would soak a paper towel or two with some water and just place it over the burnt on sticky mess. Not even remembering that I had done that a couple of days ago until last night when I went to turn on the oven to make dinner , when I finally remembered , I opened the door expecting quite a cleaning occurrence, to my surprise I found this ...the wet paper towel had soaked up the whole mess , it wiped right away perfectly clean , OMG is this a random new way to deal with spills or does everyone do this ?

{I have found the perfect spot for this lamp , oh I love it here in my family room }

The problem is I have been searching and trying lamps for the front hall table cabinet not the family room {pictured above}, nothing has looked right , everything has looked WRONG strange , too big too small , I have probably tried 5 different lamps, this most recent potential lamp was too bossy too big and too square , but I love it here, it's so cute don't you think ? I also am happy to say it was on clearance , and was a great bargain , I knew one thing , it was not going back.

The problem is I don't like tapered shades , I can't have something too tall, too wide , or too short , it is a lamp we use everyday so it needs to work and be right . I am pretty sure I have alreday walked away from the perfect lamp , do you think you know of the right lamp for me?

Do you have a trick spot like this in your house ? what is it ?


I was in need of some new tea towels , this is guilt free spending isn't it , we all need fresh tea towels , after all my husband decided to deticate one to cleaning the dogs feet with , NICE! I am trying to get him to understand this job is a paper towel job , they bring in an alarming amount of dirt , and making more laundry for me is not fair.



I found these adorable tea towels , aren't they great , perfect for Halloween .

Don't fret mix those blues and oranges , they play very nicely .




No comments: