Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A day to give thanks

Lots of pies...apple crumble
Pumpkin ...

Ham and Turkey {that is my little stuffed turkey breast on the right, I swear by it , M&M's meat shops has this , best turkey meat , easy and no bird parts } I now understand why people have two ovens, wall oven where could you go? it was getting pretty tight in there.

This third apple crumble pie was generously given to us from our new neighbour's behind us , how sweet , their 20 month old daughter made it ....it was fantastic.



Silly girls , and apparently I need a real recipe for pepper squash ...




Two days in a row waking up with the sun , sleeping in till 8:00am or 9:00am was heaven , was devine ...waking up in this bedroom filled with sun feels like waking up in a cloud , I know corny but so true.






I love this spot with all the door trim all pretty and crisp , this is my morning view...





Sophie is wanting to be a little cook these days ...here she is making apple pie with her daddy ....I use the term making loosely, cause I had to steer this ship .... because they had a cold oven , no idea where the crusts where or oh a RECIPE !
I got to teach the girls how to make mashed potatoes which I think is a life skill...






Big tattooed tough guy making apple pie with his youngest daughter , pretty darn cute!



I started off with a waffle making marathon for brunch at my brothers house...


Hope you all had a great long weekend I sure did .

No comments: