Saturday, September 26, 2009

Old and New

I have been wanting to make my own stamped jewelry , I think that it is charming and possibly easy .
When I was at the Aberfoyle antique market a few months back I had looked at some stamps , not realizing what they were for. After realizing these were the tools I was after I needed to make another trip to find those tools , well I was lucky this time and after asking a booth owner if he has such letter stamps , he showed me a tiny little set , a full set , I was so thrilled .

I came right home and after an attempt at a nap, I like always, couldn't wait to try something new , stamping silver .
I always wear a Tiffany style silver bracelet with a heart tag , I first stamped Sophie and Mason's names on either side , turns out to darken the letters you can use a sharpie , how easy is that .
I think I am hooked , I grabbed some other silver pieces like my cuff bracelet and stamped in "create" how fitting for me who lives to create .
I recently bought some silver discs to make into pendants but I will show you more on that later.








I will now show you all the other goodies I found there today...


These letters where hidden under some rusty old hand tools in a box , I don't know how I saw them there , I think I will add them to a piece of furniture , I am not trying to spell anything , I just bought what appealed to me.





Great patina! they are much smaller than they appear , they are smaller than the palm of my hand , I will show you soon.


Mason needed this sign , who knew she liked signs , I guess it is a new thing. Sophie got a faux pearl necklace for $2.00 and a little green glass alligator, and the stamp set was just $23.00.






Oh happy new hobby .


I found those painted hooks I was looking for .






There was a table full of jars for $2.00 each, I loved the lids .
I think these will be great for cotton balls or q-tips.





I also found my wire basket , an egg basket , I am using it for toilet paper in the master bathroom which makes it useful already .



So there you go , that was my day , hope you too had a good day , another busy day tomorrow , seeing the girl's favorite boy singer , should be fun and loud , I better go rest up , which is why I decided to put together this post tonight , I might not have gotten around to it tomorrow .
Cheers for now
Chris







16 comments:

Queen B. said...

i FOUND that Atlas jar too ! I put shells in it, filled it with water and flowers....it's GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!!

Remodeling Guy said...

Wow...great stuff. I totally love those (what do you call them...) metal stamps. I would get lost for hours coming up with words.

Cool!

Tim

Heidi said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just told Jon I want to go visit my sister so she can take me antiquing!!!!

Whaaaa!!!! Sniff sniff!! I'm having a moment when I want to move back home!

I'll be alright. I think.

Marie said...

Hello Chris - oh my, what a fun new project you have! Can't wait to see what else you create. Lovin' your stamped bracelets! The metal letters are fabulous.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Brighton said...

What a great day of treasure hunting : )

Mrs. Limestone said...

Great finds!

How are you stamping those letters in? Are you using some kind of hot tool or just a hammer?

Vintage Junky said...

Those are some seriously great finds! Love your stamped bracelets!

SMiles!
Michelle

cousin Deb said...

Lovely things, especially the stamps, how neat!

Steph said...

So lucky!!! Enjoy your treasures!

a little bit vintage said...

Great finds, Chris! Love the stamped bracelets. Absolutely adore the egg basket! :)

Smiles,
Rachel

Suzann @ The Olive Cottage said...

I am infatuated with stamped jewelry and I had no idea, but I just bought a set of stamps just like the one in your photos for $3 last weekend at a garage sale.

Love everything. Ah Vintage heaven

Sharon said...

Great finds. Love Aberfoyle market.

Aubree @ The Weathered Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubree @ The Weathered Cottage said...

seriously? I love those little stamps. Someone told me you can get them at Harbor Freight for pretty cheap ($8 or so) but not antique!

Thanks for the help, I think those pics are just too high up for me. My husband HATES moving things over and over and putting more holes in the wall. So it might be a pain getting him to move it. Maybe I'll just do it myself! After all, I can use power tools now, so I can do anything, right?

Deb said...

Lucky Duck! You really made out with the shopping. The stamping on the bracelets is great & they really look pretty in wrapped around the wrist in layers - your blog is always a fun read :)

Susan said...

just found your blog and it's official. I'm in love. :)

Susan @ www.peanutpetunia.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

you might also like