Saturday, September 26, 2009

Antique Market Finds

I had decided that there were to be no more new pieces of furniture coming into the house , that is of course why I kept coming across these wonderful pieces that I would give an arm for , right? Like this cupboard , I really would have made room for this baby , the green painted interior made me so happy , it was so hard to walk away.

We got to the market a little after lunch and they were calling for rain , it looked pretty gloomy , so unlike our normal approach we got down to business , and kind of rushed through , all the time I was looking for a fellow blogger Jennifer from Rambling Renovators but I did not see her , this place is a real maze and I got swept up in my cause and forgot to bring her phone number , I can be such a forgetful girl.
This would be a beautiful addition to our home as well .
This time I had a list , normally I do not , I go with an open mind , but this time my list consisted of :
~letters and numbers , probably metal
~hooks , painted ones
~stamping letter tools , little ones
~pretty jars
~seltzer bottles , coloured ones
~wire baskets or locker bins


Look at these beautiful giant corbels , they would make a great desk support , or island overhang support .



Loads more too .





Pretty simple buckets , these would make great toy bins .





Wire caddy , I thought it was a bit pricey at around $50.00





You know I loved this pretty tall dresser in my colour of choice.


A mail sorter , I think it was beautiful , but what could you do with this , besides fill it with crap or trinkets.







Little girl pieces , my daughters aren't into this anymore I just wanted to show you the size of them , how sweet, Umbrellas in hand it was a good thing we brought them too .
It did rain , and then some .






I loved this shelf with its beautiful paint , at $85.00 it was a bit pricey for me , as well I can't imagine where I would put it , maybe I will attempt a knock-off version.





I am so entirely tired today , from driving back and forth and from this weather pattern knocking me down .
I will show you my own goodies tomorrow , I almost completed my list ya'll !

18 comments:

Vintage Junky said...

Oh I can't wait to see your goodies! Our flea market was this weekend too and we had lots of rain. I didn't have much luck. Sometimes I think the dealers want to show it to you rather than sell it.... really pricy!

SMiles!
Michelle

Mel said...

those large corbels are to die for.

Where did you go?

I live in Mississauga and I am going to hit up the Aberfoyle market tomorrow (hoping it's not going to rain).

Mel@JunkinJunky

Chris said...

Mel .
Tried to leave you a comment but it wouldn't work .
That was aberfoyle , today was their big fall show unusually on a Saturday , I sure hope they are opne tomorrow too .
Chris

Mel said...

Thanks Chris...Sadly, they are not open tomorrow, as usual.

Anywho, I'll live vicariously through you. Can't wait to see what you got!

Jenna said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! Sadly, we don't have anything quite like those places to shop around here...:( At least I can enjoy it second hand, right?

the lady of the house said...

oooh! so fun! Can't wait to see whatcha got! I loved that white cupboard!

Jacey @ Trash2MyTreasure said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I can see why you would give an arm for these pieces! what state do you live in? I dont think we have stuff like that here in California :(

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my gosh...so much awesome eye candy!! Someday I will hit Aberfoyle....always looks like so much fun!! Rather pricy though by the looks of it!!! Wish we lived in the Pacific Northwest, they have year round reasonably priced goodies!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend...hope it stops raining soon!! xOxO Nerina :)

Kathy said...

whoo-hoo...great stuff! show us what you got girl!!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Lettered Cottage said...

Oh my gosh...that place looks like Heaven! I sure wish I could have gone! My list would have read almost EXACTLY like yours! :-)

Layla

Wanderluster said...

Oh Chris, I had my eye out for you too but was whizzing through the market before the rain came! I should have asked for your number...I am a forgetful girl too :o\

I know EXACTLY where all your pictures were taken as I admired those same things (who knew we shared the same taste!). But you were so smart to bring a list. I only bought one little thing but had a fun time browsing. Can't wait to see your finds!

a little bit vintage said...

Yum....what beautiful pieces! I truly wish that we lived somewhere that had great flea markets. Can't wait to see what you came home with! :)

Smiles,
Rachel

cousin Deb said...

What gorgeous things! Can't waitnto see your stuff!

Heidi said...

Love the tall dresser!! And the doll size furniture Mason is standing beside!

Steph said...

Denver does not have awesome flea markets... Your pictures make me drool :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

I really love that white/green cupboard. I was in the antique business a few years back and this was the type of furniture that I sold. Stop by sometime and look around, thanks.

Blessings,
Linda

gina @ The Tickle Pink Thrift said...

I love the tall dresser and the mail sorter. so fun!

kaper54 said...

What a great Market...oh that mail sorter is awesome that would make a great spot to store wine !!!!

Kathy :)