Thursday, July 30, 2009

Back and all went well

I just wanted to say thank you for your good wishes , I appreciate it so much . If the were to diagnose HHT with either of us it is treatable with surgery .


We are back from a very long day in Toronto , we started our day at Ikea had meatball lunch the girls love them too . Found a great deal on a new slipcover for my three seater sofa for $79.00 normally $209.00 so I was thrilled and it is always nice to have a back up .
Saw the meanest mom in the world , something that I am often accused of being, but after the girls witnessed this mom full of hate and anger towards her two young daughter's they saw how lovely a mom I really am , not perfect but not full of hate , I had to stop myself from saying something to her , I thought she might have hurt me if I had.
Oh I even was asked out of the blue for design advice , how funny is that , I helped a woman choose a red chaise for her living room , she didn't even know that I do design work , that totally cracked me up .

We got to the MRI department in the bowels of the hospital , got right in and got right to work , Sophie was nervous so I went in with her , they got her all snug as a bug , and things went very smoothly , I had ear phones , the you tube video really played down the noise that that machine makes , it was so loud , but it was over within 45 minutes , Sophie was relieved to get out and to go home .

For those who are new to the blog , Sophie has shown some symptoms of a disorder called HHT Hereditary Hemorrhagic Telangiectasia , some of the symptoms are severe nose bleeds which she has always had , telangiectasia { little tangles of vessels} which she has one on her lip and VERY common location .
This HHT can cause brain and lung bleeds so they are taking this seriously , both Sophie and I have gone through genetic testing which was inconclusive which is why we are now having MRI and CT scans done , this will give them the best look to see if there are any vessel deformities that can cause bleeds .
That is about it , I will go into my personal experiences with our health care for you who are fearful with the impending possible gov health care system looming.

I will see you tomorrow with my new slipcover .... so excited .

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad she did so well today through that MRI. I was thinking of you guys. :)

I'd love to hear your experiences with the Canadian health care system. It is likely we'll have something like that in our future. I've heard good and bad stories about your health care!

Is the HHT something that is treatable? What future ramifications does this type of diagnosis have for you guys?

Reese & Marie said...

So glad it all went well!

Melinda said...

That must be scary! Tell Sophie a Mom and her 2 sons from Blogland think she is a very, very brave little girl. Praying for you all!

Hugs,
Melinda

Mrs. Limestone said...

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I hope its all good news from here on out.

PS: Loving the blue and turquoise color scheme you put up. Its one of my fav combos. So fun!

a little bit vintage said...

Wow...I can't even being to imagine. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Please keep us updated.

Hugs to you,
Rachel

Wanderluster said...

So glad the MRI went well! Onward and upward, to the next challenge :)

Bet the red chaise lady could just tell you had good design sense. You should have given her your business card!

Jenna said...

I'm a fairly new reader here...Found you through The Nester's Price My Space...

Wishing things turn out well for your daughter...sounds like she's a brave girl!

Through your previous posts you convinced me to try an IKEA sofa. I found a 6 month old, like-new Ektrop 3 seat sofa on Craigslist for $100! When we went to IKEA to get the slipcover I wanted (like your striped one) I got the last one (it was being discontinued) on sale for $10!! Love that. Thanks for the inspiration. We really love our new couch.

The Hopkins Home said...

I'm glad things went well for Sophie - will keep you in my prayers.
Also wanted to thank you for posting about the Ektorp Sofa - I have been craving a new sofa for a long time but IKEA is the only pricing we can afford right now. I've been so afraid to buy it just in case it ends up being a piece of junk but now that I know someone who has one (with kids and a dog cause that's important!) and is happy with it I think I'll order it!!! YAY! Thanks!

The Chick said...

So happy to hear that Sophie did so well with her MRI! My siblings and myself as well all have to or have had MRI's to check for genetic abnormalities in our brains. My mother had an AVM which is a malformed vein and she hemorrhaged when I was seven years old. Amazingly she made it through the surgery and is very lucky to be alive but the situation could have been so much better if the malformation had been spotted earlier . I pray that all is well with Sophie and think it is so wonderful that you are doing all you can to keep her healthy :o)