Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm likin' the "lichen"

So I will start off with the most recent before , pretty but icy and I am really tired of that blue since I have had it for 8 years now and I was just in need of a change , so after a day of painting I now have a new look and there is nothing like a new look to livin' things up ...
I really hope I can find a lantern this year...

Here is the before of my dining room , this is from way back when we moved in here , notice the lack of trim , is there any trim around the door into the kitchen ? yes believe it or not there is trim there , you can see right into the kitchen , no island , I love looking back at how far the house has come

I spend the day yesterday filling holes and imperfections and sanding stripe edges to prepare for painting the dining room , front entrance and hall with the new Sarah Richardson Para paint called "lichen" which is a grey green , it is so nice and neutral I am really happy with it thankfully ...

I think it is really nice with all the white trim work and the hits of black .

At night it really looks mostly grey which is nice a cozy too .





So I have never used Para paints before , which I picked up a Lowe's for $29.00 for a gallon , what did I think ? well I am very impressed actually , it went on very well , it was a good consistency it wasn't thin or runny , I hate thin runny paint , it covered perfectly so much so that I only did one coat and it covered incredibly well , it covered over stripes , that is truly amazing...



I have big plans for the ceiling in this room , and on my wish list is a square lantern to hang over the dining room table , why are nice lantern fixtures so pricey?


Last year I got the buffet for my birthday this year I will be looking for something new for the blank dining room wall.
So there you have it my little not quite finished makeover ...so far so good , dare I ask ...do you like it ...?

No comments: