Monday, July 13, 2009

Price my Family room



1. Rowe settee $1600.00 {most expensive non appliance piece}

2. $149.00 table turned coffee table from IKEA

3. Built in tv fireplace upgrade $1600.00 money well spent , I love not needing a tv unit to eat up floor space , this upgrade also pushed the fireplace out of the footprint of the house so that we gained 2 extra feet in this area.
4. Hand scraped cherry engineered flooring $2800.00 also a BIG splurge but when we saw a sample in the room we knew nothing else would do , it is my favorite flooring , wish it was everywhere

5. Beadboard ceiling $200.00 , I installed this myself , I also wish it was everywhere , maybe of I get around to it , it will , post here about the ceiling

6. Wainscoting , maybe $150.00 in materials , I installed that as well , if I hadn't it would most likely have cost $2000.00 but it didn't

7. Little cube table from Wal-Mart $49.00

8. Window roman's from Ikea , $10.00 each plus fabric I covered them with $45.00

9. Sofa IKEA ektorp again , love it , $499.00.



10. Shutters for tv area , $45.00 if I recall correctly , I built them to look like old salvage shutters.

11. Fireplace screen $70.00 from Homesense , slate tiles $50.00 that I installed saving a bundle




12. Side table was $45.00 found on Kijiji , I re-painted it and distressed.

13. Plate $10.00 for 6




14. Chalkboard free gift , mirror turned chalkboard , sconces from Bowring $39.00 each


So grand total , yikes this is gonna be a big one for me $7352.49 which was spread over 7 years .
I am kind of in shock about this , and certainly I did not go and spend this all at once , and still with the exception of the settee and floors and built in unit , I tried as always to be frugal , but it was all worth it , and I suppose i used a high low approach for this room , and it is a very successful room for our family , as it really is our family room .





No comments: