Friday, July 31, 2009

Striped Ikea Slipcover Reveal

Etsy pillow covers on the way from Pillowmio.






I am so thrilled to hear that others too like the Ektorp collection from Ikea , and I am more thrilled that many of you have taken my advice and purchased a piece or two , especially jazzed that one reader picked up a sofa for $100 on Kijiji or Craigslist and then bought a brand new Ikea slipcover in the store for a steal , this is a great way to save even more money.


My $79.00 bargain price has been trumped by the US economy as the same slip there is $10.00 , ok that is a little bothersome for me but good for you .




The slipcover is a bit bright but after being used it will be toned down in no time , I need some new pillows which I found an Etsy , I found just the covers , which is all I need , what a great deal , I am going to take a break on the stripes for a while , now if I could just find a slipcover artist to re-do my Rowe settee than things would be all fresh and new.


17 comments:

Kathy said...

Great slipcover...the world would not be the same without them. The new header is great too, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Vintage Junky said...

Love it! How fresh and fun! Your new header is very stylish too!
Michelle

NicNacManiac said...

Love how the room just pops now and when you add those awesome pillows...oh my gosh...to die for!!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

I love the stripes and I love the price even more. It looks fab!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Cote de Texas said...

Chris = I love it, so beachy! I love that sofa and all the slips. the pink ones are too cute too!!! love this - use it in good health!

Aura said...

I LOVE that slipcover! I liked it in the store but I didn't know how it looked in an actual room. It looks great! In our house it probably wouldn't look that hot but it looks wonderful in yours.

Sandy Toes said...

Its' so very fun!
sandy toe

Elyse said...

ikea is way cool and the ektorp is verrrry versatile! see kelly at rose vine cottage 2 - she has a white one and it is gloriously shabby!

xo

Kat said...

We also have the Ektorp series couch and loveseat in our living room. We are a total Ikea family, love their stuff and the functionality of it!
I love those pillow covers too. That fabric is positively delicious!!!

Yansy said...

I love the new pillows. I just found your blog and I love it. I wanted to invite you to participate in my giveaway. It started yesterday and it will go on until Monday. Have a wonderful weekend!

East Coast Suburbanite said...

Love the new slipcovers! Really make the room more fun. Thanks for the inspiration.

Susan said...

I'm an Ektorp owner also. Just got it recently and love it so far. I got the tan slipcovers for now and got the red for winter. They are discontinuing the red so got them for a great deal. I can't wait till fall to try out the red.
Love your black striped. Really goes with your decor!

Lisa said...

NICE FACE LIFT!!!
YOUR BLOG IS AWESOME AND MORE BEAUTIFUL IF IT IS POSSIBLE.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Tamara Jansen said...

I am definately an Ikea fan! Can't get enough of it :)

Jenna said...

Oh, you weren't trumped! The slipcover I got was like your other striped one - the green and pinks on white.

I LOVE your new one! And the pillows...gorgeous! I'm in need of some new pillows too...Off to check out that Etsy site. :)

Clara said...

Totally agree that the Ektorp collection is nice! However if you want more fabric choices for your Ektorp or other IKEA furniture I recommend you to check out the slipcovers at bemz.com :)

Clara from Bemz

Mara said...

I am so sad that they discontinued this slipcover.

Is anyone interested in selling their used one or have any ideas about where I can get this exact couch. My ex had it and I've been in love with it ever since but could never find it.

LinkWithin

you might also like