Friday, July 24, 2009

Beadboard


My window seat







Velvet and Linen


















Cobi Ladner H&H Canada















Linda Banks










Nantucket beadboard












Nantucket beadboard











Nantucket beadboard













Nantucket beadboard















My ceiling














Nantucket beadboard
Click








Nantucket beadboard








I wanted to gather all the beautiful photos of beadboard that inspire me , I wanted to keep them in one place easy to find enjoy and to share and inspire.
I have often opted for wainscoting to save money , as beadboard can be a lot more costly .
There are many options , you can use sheets painted or unpainted ,not my favorite as they are hard to cut and awkward to work with but they are quick , one downside is obvious seams
Mdf sections which have a nice profile but chip easily on the edges when installing ,downside is that they are costly .
My favorite type is real wood ,tongue and groove it is easy to cut and to work with , and for me there is nothing nicer than painted wood beadboard the down side is that they need shellac primer to seal knots but it is well worth the effort to get the end result.
You can use beadboard for accents in stairwells, ceilings and backsplashes or for full walls , it is always a classic and beautiful choice.

















11 comments:

Restyled Home said...

Oh man, I have always loved Cobi Ladner's kitchen! I have it clipped and saved as inspiration in a folder somewhere. That cupola and her copper rangehood is amazing! Do you have any more online photos of it? I am too lazy to scan...

I also love that bedroom from Velevet and Linen. I can honestly say her style in that room is exactly what I'd have if I had the cash! SO unfair...!!

great post, as usual!
Linda

Denise Allicino said...

OMG I LOVE these! I esp LOVE that bedroom from Velvet and Linens and am in LOVE with that capiz shell chandelier....ughhhhhhhh. I need to win LOTTO!

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

I do adore beaded board. I have used both tongue and groove and the sheet kind so far in this house. The sheet worked well on a small bathroom ceiling. No seams, because it fit just right. You can't beat the texture and beauty of beaded board, though.
Great bunch of inspiration.
*Tricia

Aura said...

Gorgeous, all of it. Will you please come beadboard my entire house?

dedeetsyshop said...

I love all of these pictures! That bedroom is fabulous, as well as the first pic with the coral pillows! We used beadboard for the walls and celing in our downstairs bathroom! I want to do all of our ceilings in it eventually! Always that long wish list I have going on! :) Great job!

Michelle@Fromhousetohome said...

Just the eye candy I needed today!
~Michelle

Tracy @ comfortandluxury said...

So pretty! I have beadboard wainscot down the hall, on the walls of one bath and on my kitchen backsplash and island. I LOVE IT! And I want more. I don't know Cobi Ladner's kitchen so I'm going to try to find it now to get a better look...

Lovely Little Nest said...

oooh great beadboard inspiration pics! I particularly love those neat black and white stairs :)

Kathy said...

Love the REAL bead board too...My husband built a window seat in our kitchen and bead boarded the front, turned out lovely...I could use it in every room of the house...xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Oonafey said...

I would like to build a window seat in my dining room and I was wondering if you had built your own. If so, do you have a tutorial on the site?

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.