Thursday, April 30, 2009

Painting again

Do you remember this backyard table I made last summer out of left over deck joists and posts , well I meant to paint it but couldn't decide , would I go light or dark . So I went dark and raised it up a little , although I like the low lounge style it wasn't comfortable to eat at , so it occurred to me to raise it with locking wheels , good idea huh , well those wheels were pricey and these finials seemed a more thrifty option , just the right added height , maybe the dog will stop using it for his bed now ???
It looks so good painted I think , I am going to take my palm sander to it just to soften up the look .
Now to stain the deck , the last time I stained a deck I was 12 , first it needs a good scrub from all the muddy paw prints and if we could get a couple of days in a row without rain , I could actually get it done.




7 comments:

Queen B. said...

way cool

Melinda said...

You are so talented!! I could never make something like that...lucky you!!
I have one of those same wicker chairs!
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Nikki said...

The table looks FAB!

jen said...

What a great use of scrap!! The table looks fabulous and you are so creative!!

Jen

aura said...

Very lovely.

Heidi said...

Looks fantastic!!

UPrinting said...

Are those wheels on the table's legs?
I like what you did with the table.
I can't blame the dog if he enjoys sleeping there... :D