Friday, April 10, 2009

To Concerned anonymous

Dear concerned anonymous ,
I am sorry that you are going through a difficult time with your daughter and her eating disorder issues , I too have seen a family member struggle with these issues too , and it is something that your daughter can overcome with the right help and support , however being a role model for my daughter's to me means eating healthy foods that are nutritious and adding daily exercise and being a healthy weight , not being skinny .
I think in my before photo I am of a very healthy weight , and right now I am probably 40 pounds over weight, that too is not healthy .
I assure you that I am well aware of the effects of witnessing a loved ones eating disorders first hand and how this can affect a girl and woman and I am very aware not to send the wrong message, but it is time to stop making excuses for me , there is no denying I have been indulging in unhealthy foods and not exercising so that is an equally bad message or example to set. I speak to my children about the dangers of being too skinny and being unhealthy in that manner as well I would never tell my children not to eat something from fear of becoming fat ,they also go to a healthy living school and learn about nutrition and fitness on a regular basis.
Healthy is my goal as well as self confidence and both of those are good messages to send.
I wish you the best with your daughter , I hope that she is getting the help that she needs and will get through the battle as I know she can .
Chris

No comments: