Friday, April 3, 2009

My new nail gun and trim how to .


{super wonderful nail gun }




{sorry these are left over pieces I dug out , please ignore the cuts}

So here it is this is all it is , to transform a doorway into a pretty feature.

I use flat plain primed MDF I use 4 1/2" for the side vertical pieces and 5 1/2" for the header , I then install a nice chair rail to the top of the header and wrap that around , I use a detail piece of jam trim for the bottom of the header , and that is it. Easy Peasy!

7 comments:

DomesticDivasFancy said...

We just got one of those...I love how you trimmed out the top of the door. I just may have to do that! I love it.

Sarah said...

Thank you so much I am saving this post for future reference! Thanks again
Sarah

Cathy said...

Oh the damage I could do, LOL. You have a beautiful home and have done a wonderful job. Hmm my dh has a compressor, maybe I need to ask for one for my b'day, LOL.

{{Hugs}}

Cathy

Susan said...

The doors looks awesome! Might even try it myself one of these days. Thanks for sharing!

Daryl said...

I was so focused on the sign on the powder-room door, I had to go back and read the post. Love the "WC" on the door. I'm trying for a French Cottage look myself and this would be so perfect!
D.

SweDaisy said...

Great work Chris, I love your new shinny toy. I'm sure this tutorial will inspire many just as your dining room post did :)

Take care,
Lisa

Holly said...

very cool!