Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Creating a beach style ensuite



Why not start with a colour called "Beach House " by Debbie Travis . These cabinets were standard grade oak cabinets , no upgrades at the builder level at all , but after the fact there have been many worth while upgrades.
For instance , the tub apron in bead board with marble edging , removing the huge standard slab mirror for two round heavily trimmed mirrors , adding salvaged legs to the vanity area , replacing standard trim with century old flavoured trim , replacing the movie star make-up strip lighting , adding a shelf for special items , and a row of towel hooks , you will also notice an absence of builder ceramic towel bars and toilet paper holders , yikes , as well as painting out the golden oak to a soft white the most important upgrade .
Adding legs to this vanity area makes it a standout feature , crystal knobs add a little bit of glamour .
Art is a personal touch .
Great solution for towels , they never get folded correctly on those bars do they ?
Beautiful mirrors and lighting.
New window casings and sexy legs.
The end is a serene beach style bathroom void of sea stars and sand , the perfect place to start the day . A few more improvements are in store for this bath but all things in good time I say , for instance the room will be wrapped in bead board painted white , and a new faucet will replace the ordinary one that is there currently .








8 comments:

Cote de Texas said...

Looks wonderful! as usual. you are so talented! love the color and the legs on the vanity are incredible! I WANT those!!!

Michelle said...

I LOVE the simplicity of your decor. :)

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

you've truly done a lovely job on this bathroom.

Hillcrest Acres said...

It is all simply beautiful. You are one talented woman.

If I may ask, where did you find the chenille shower curtain? I love it and am also in the process of updating my children's bathroom which also has light blue walls. That shower curtain would be perfect.

The Steel Magnolia House said...

Loving it Chris!! Who needs a man! Love the sexy legs!! lol
xx
Kara

Terri said...

My goodness Chris, you astound me. Your house looks so nice and you do such great work. I really wish you lived closer so you could come over and hold my hand while I do something simple like replace some trim. I just don't seem to have the gene. But you make it look so easy (I'm sure it isn't). You have great ideas besides the talent. I love the tub surround and the bathroom work you did.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. xox Terri

CRICKET said...

It is so inspirational! I also love the shower curtain, please tell where you go it. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely Little Nest said...

Your bathroom is GORGEOUS! I love the wall color and those mirros are perfect for this space! :)