Friday, July 24, 2009

Kitchen cabinet makeover DIY style




Before
After
















OMG I finally did it , I have thought for oh 7 years about doing this little DIY project.


I wanted real chicken or poultry wire but apparently our Canadian chickens are huge and we do not therefore carry 1/2 inch chicken wire , poor me. This square wire was a good option for another project that I completed last week , I built Mason a much needed ear ring holder from pine and wire , it probably could hold about 100 pairs of earrings , it is not so pretty , that's why I haven't shown it here .






Back to my door makeover ,


1.I took a spade bit and drilled in the corners of the recessed panel allowing for me to cut out with the jig saw the center panel of wood .


2. I then sanded with my mouse{black and decker palm sander} and smoothed the edges .


3. I needed to paint the raw yet smooth edge with a couple of coats of paint.


4. After I spray painted the wire white I cut out the wire to the correct size with tin snips and then stapled it onto the back of the cabinet door.


5. Voila I have a display cabinet , which I have now styled with some pretty glasses and my striped aqua mixing bowl.


Total cost $7.00 for a quarter of a roll of wire.







24 comments:

Suzy said...

I love it, SOOOO much better!!!

NicNacManiac said...

Love Love that look!! Fantastic job as usual!!

a little bit vintage said...

Oh, I LOVE this! Fabulous job! :)

Rachel

Jessica said...

So cute! It has so much character now.. i love it!

julie said...

Chris! Oh my goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! What a great job! I want to do that but I am being chicken! I am amazed! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. It surprises me to see the dark plug cover. Once I noticed it, my eye just kept returning to it.

Kara said...

That looks GREAT! I love it. It adds just the right touch and I have always loved the chicken wire look.
Have a great weekend!
Kara

Angie said...

LOVE it! I'll be "borrowing" this one! ;)

~Amy Rose said...

You are a BUSY girl....AMAZING! Love that look! I may have to copy it...when I ever get the time! LOVE, LOVE,LOVE your ideas!! THANK YOU for being so creative!

Chris said...

Oh I love my bronze electrical plates they are so much nicer than white plastic , just like my bronze door knobs and door stops , trust me they are quite nice in person .

Lisa said...

The cupboard looks great!

Thought I'd share my strategy for wrangling earrings... I took a package of cheap wire cooling racks and hung them on the wall with small hooks. The little feet on the racks keep them off of the wall a little bit so it's easy to move the earrings on and off.

Catholic Runner said...

I love it!

Coyne and Pinckney Stationery said...

What a beautiful blog! I enjoy reading it, your taste is decor is fabulous!

Thanks,
Brittany
C&P Stationery

Ivy Lane said...

Looks fantastic! You did a great job... if you have another project you have been pondering over for years...just do it!!! You are good!!

Lisa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you've done to your cabinets...as usual. It turned out wonderfully!

Wanderluster said...

Great makeover Chris! Looks lovely, as always.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! as usual Chris : )

Dee

Karli @ RockyBella said...

I LOVE this. Very creative on a budget! It looks so chic and custom. I wish I had recessed cabinets so I could copy you. =)
But I don't =(
Your projects are always so awesome.

Sarah @ Different Dog said...

Chris, you're so amazing! Never a moment lost, I love it! I'm going to do that in my next kitchen for sure!

Ajalee's Sweet Life said...

This looks fantatstic!!! I have always wanted doors like that. Thanks for the great and insipiring projects you do. I love the bowl too : )

Anna See said...

This looks terrific! Great job.

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Gosh looks so WONDERFUL!!!

Jessica said...

Choosing your unassembled kitchen cabinet is easy and in a few steps you can have your kitchen cabinets on your way to you after secure online payment

sandhiya said...

Wow!!!! Beautiful photos! Fabulous site...... Your Kitchen cabinet is very superb!!! Your decoration is very fantastic.....

Food Display Cabinets

LinkWithin

you might also like