Friday, December 19, 2008

Putting some miles on the old faithful sewing machine

Sophie brought home this lovely work of art , I was blown away , I framed it immediately , what a great addition.
I spent many hours sewing these drapes , I used the cast off faux roman from the bathroom , pulled it all apart and sewed it onto the bottom , just for a detail .

When I picked up this paisley I didn't know how well it would match the stripe , I just knew I loved it I knew I would find a good use for it , as well it was buy one get two free .


It works very well in my bedroom with my shabby chic bed linens , I tried to do a darker look for winter but I couldn't handle it , too masculine , I need my crisp white and blue bed with green , fresh clean and pretty , I think in the spring this room will get a long over due proper makeover , which will include lighter walls , new trim work , hopefully crown moulding and panel moulding in some fashion perhaps just on the bed wall , I love when that is made a real feature.
Today we are waiting for a big storm , it sounds like we might get buried , all the school buses are cancelled , lots of schools are too , my kids wanted to go to school you know last day pf school before break is always fun and no work , pj day for Sophie , 6 more days till Christmas , are you all ready ???
I will be a baking fool by the end of Sunday , many cuppies are in my future , let's see I have 2 1/2 doz plus 20 mini's for one order and 60 mini's for my second order , fun fun fun . I love the smell that fills my house when I bake , and there are always left overs .


7 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I understand the dark winter bedroom, I bought a beautiful Ralph Lauren comforter and curtains thinking it would be perfect for winter but when I put it on the bed I realized it was going to make me sad all winter because of how dark it made the room.

By the way, when do you get the time to do all this stuff??? I barely have time to read blogs and get this, I don't have kids, pets or a job!

xo, MB

Laurel MacD said...

I'm a fabric nut - love your choices.

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Love the detail at the bottom! Can't wait to see your spring makeover!

Erin said...

Your drapes are lovely! I can't decide which I like more, the paisley or the stripe-the combination of the two together is divine.

Merry Christmas!

jen said...

Love the curtains!

Jen

karlene said...

very pretty, your work was worthwhile!! merry Christmas!!

Amanda said...

Love the curtains and your daughter's artwork is very good:)