Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chair appeal

That is a better picture ,the other looked a bit dreary. One more coat for the underside to hide any hints of yellow and it will be perfect.
Inspiration of course.

I am so pleased with this quick makeover , three years in the waiting , I have been wanting to paint this chair black that was the plan when I bought it , but someone liked the yellow, it grew on me too , since my lovely dog chew a strip off of it that is then I knew it was the sign I needed to go ahead . I am still out numbered as to who likes it black, who likes it black , me that's who.



10 comments:

Chris said...

I absolutely love it. I love the material on the cushion, too. Perfect. Where did you find the picture of the ginormous mudroom? It's the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I just stare at it.

Nantucket YaYa said...

Are you in my head?

Love the black..I have saved (and petted virtually) the same picture a million times. I am trying to convince hubby to build the shelves..I am ashamed to say that...YOU would just do it yourself. I will admit it. I am afraid of power tools. My skills reach to tiling, roofing, farmhouse sink installation, granite walkway laying, beadboard installing, even a little air guitar-I mean gun- but NO Power Saw. I'm a wimp.

Deb said...

The black looks amazing. I absolutely love it. I have been searching Craigslist for some chairs like that, but apparently they are all the rage right now and I either can't find them, or they are way to pricey. I need to totally find a good deal on them. Nice job.

Nikki said...

This is a fantastic makeover! I love the black and the fabric is great too.

Susan said...

The black looks great! Well done!

Anonymous said...

I just ordered the Lela adult chair from Pottery Barn kids and spray painted black too. Your inspiration picture was my inspiration as well!!!

Linda Lou said...

Really like the black-i have an old wicker chair on the porch that needs some new life-what type of paint did you use?

chriskauf said...

I used a latex spray paint in satin.

~annie said...

Very elegant in black which is nice with the blue.

DeDe Ray said...

I like it too!! In fact, I did the same thing to my 2 Ikea wicker chairs. My husband doesn't think anything was wrong with them before, but what does he know!!

LinkWithin

you might also like