Tuesday, August 26, 2008

After the painting marathon

I thought I should show my after after , to remind you it was sort of a dull green khaki colour, which I was finding rather drab , so on a whim I tried a very rich blue , hated it , then went for a soft yellow beige as it looks to me . Antarctic Ice by Glidden .
It is cheery soft and light just how I had wanted it to be , I decided to go with the arrangement on the wall that was working , I did paint the mirror black and add a small textured black star, I do like it now , it was just the drab colour that I didn't like . I need to make some new pillows and I am sure it will make me happy for a long time to come. Click on the photo for a close up look if you like.
I just need to get started on the ceiling work that has yet to begin , first week of school I will tackle that . The added texture will raise the room to a whole new level I am sure of that .

Here is the before , drab walls , white coffee table , it was fine but needed some new life a little tweak or face lift.

15 comments:

Linda Lou said...

Great job on the new paint color-the room is inviting, yet soothing and airy,

restyled home said...

It looks so beautiful! I love that floral settee...when you are done with it, you can send it my way!!!

You inspire me every time I come here...

Linda

For the Love of Cottage said...

Hi Chris, I don't think your walls were drab before but I know how it is when you look at something and just know it isn't right, you have to change it. I also love those blue pillows you had in the room, I think you should put those back in.

I see somebody's furry paw in one of the pictures, just like my dog, loves to be where the camera is.

Hugs
LeAnn:)

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

It looks so pretty! I'm glad you found something that works for you ! That's always a good feeling. It looks beautiful.
Hugs~Kelly

Stephanie said...

It looks really beautiful, Chris. I love the wall arrangements.

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

I think it is beautiful and the only thing missing is a pale blue throw on the couch with you wrapped up in it, in the cooler weather of course. I really, really like the round table light blue. What a measurable difference in looks. And the other light blue you have in the room really compliments it. Great job. It is a peaceful color mix!
You have got a gift for putting things together! Wow!
Blessings, Debbie

meg duerksen said...

oh it looks good!
i like the line "make me happy for a long time to come". is that true? :)

i have a hard time sticking with anything for too long. at least you do the re-painting yourself.
i have to beg my husband to help or do it himself.

you are awesome chris.
and i was loving that antique shopping!

Deserae said...

Love the new wallcolor....it looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!
~Des

Deserae said...

Love the new wallcolor....it looks absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!
~Des

Chris said...

While it looks spectacular, I have to admit that the before was just as gorgeous! I love both of them!

Joanne said...

I love this room, everything about it the colour the arrangement on the wall, the furniture. I could just see myself relaxing in here with a Jane Austen novel to read and a glass of wine.
The room is beautiful.

Barbie said...

Wow, what a beautiful and relaxing room!! LOVE the changes you made! It is amazing how just painting a frame and adding a black star can make. :-)

Kim said...

it looks so good!!! I love this much better than the blue!

Katrina Chambers said...

Great job! You really are speedy gonzales. I love it of course :)

Jen said...

Looks fabulous! But, I have to say, I was a fan of the blue. I am glad you like it this way though

LinkWithin

you might also like