Monday, July 26, 2010

Back at painting

So what do you think of my new additions , two arch top mirrors , they were honey pine , yucky yuck , I thought a few dozen watered down coats of robins egg blue would bring them into my beachy world.


They can't stay though , they actually are for sale , let me know if you are interested , they must be for local pick up only .....

I have had this old caddy for some time , I use it to hold pencils normally , but I was thinking it would look nice painted blue .
I am keeping the box but I will have a lovely coffee table up for sale very soon , it is so lovely .

I thinned out the paint to a really watery consistency and painted it over and over layer after layer , then I sanded it off lightly and waxed it with paste wax to bring out a nice sheen.

13 comments:

the lady of the house said...

oooh I really like those mirrors. I have one kind of like that but it has a shelf - very cottagey, I'm almost sick of it and was thinking of selling it but now you've given me an idea.

Lovely Little Nest said...

The mirrors look lovely painted Robins Egg Blue, and the box is so pretty! I'm glad you painted it as well. :)

bonny said...

Perfect shade of blue....LOVE IT!! I bet you know where I could buy inexpensive simple dining chair {just the seat} plain slip covers....I thought I saw them somewhere and I need to cover these old chairs I have. Much appreciated laundres65@aol.com

Elyse said...

hi chris,

love how the little tool box looks.

if you have a chance, i would love for you to comment on my latest post. i am thinking of painting my armoire. at first i thought pale blue and am now leaning toward white. i like the idea of watering-down white and doing several coats, like you have done with the tool box. please come see!

thanks!

xo
elyse

oldblackcatboo said...

sigh...I WISHED I lived near you!
(Or you near me! LOL!)

designlove-cynthia said...

Someone will love them!

Cindy

Elizabeth said...

The mirrors are gorgeous! I love the paint effect you used on the little tool box. What are you going to keep in it?

Jessica said...

How perfect! Those mirrors look so great there. The paint colour turned out nice :)

Jessica

Colleen said...

...Love the mirrors!

EMarie59 said...

LOVE your site, Love this color! I am sure you have posted this somewhere on your blog before but, what paint line (i.e., Benjamin, Moore) did you use as well as the name of the color?

Razmataz said...

Love that blue you use. The mirrors look great on that wall. I just love your blue milk glass cake plate.....perfect for all those cake you seem to be baking.

Kristie @ Comfy Cozy said...

If I were closer I'd snag both of the mirrors. I've never decorated with robins egg blue or any other similar color but I am really liking it lately. Hmmm...maybe it's time to repaint my kitchen cabinets.

judi said...

oh chris,
those mirrors are absolutely GORG-eous! where are you located in canada...i would take a road trip to come get those!
love your decorating.
judi ;)

LinkWithin

you might also like