Monday, July 26, 2010

Back at painting

So what do you think of my new additions , two arch top mirrors , they were honey pine , yucky yuck , I thought a few dozen watered down coats of robins egg blue would bring them into my beachy world.


They can't stay though , they actually are for sale , let me know if you are interested , they must be for local pick up only .....

I have had this old caddy for some time , I use it to hold pencils normally , but I was thinking it would look nice painted blue .
I am keeping the box but I will have a lovely coffee table up for sale very soon , it is so lovely .

I thinned out the paint to a really watery consistency and painted it over and over layer after layer , then I sanded it off lightly and waxed it with paste wax to bring out a nice sheen.

No comments: