Monday, April 27, 2009

Sophie will take possesion today

Come on in , stay a while .... One room shabby chic cottage , wood floors painted blue , charming cottage features , custom shutters , cedar shingle roof, perfect for easy entertaining , one of kind lighting , comfy upholstery , lots of designer touches , this one will not last , it is the perfect girl's getaway .


I will start from the bottom up , where I painted the floors blue to match a little birdie accessory , I also built in a bench for seating and lounging, I then used silver flower tacs to install the scalloped seersucker fabric to soften the bench . We bought one new pillow and I made the blue and dotted one . The walls were painted the same shade of pink as in Sophie's bedroom .


I built all new working shutters for the three windows.









I sewed a cushion and used fabric and foam and batting that was laying around in the basement , I cut out circles of co-ordinating fabric and sewed them to an existing pillow cover that I sewed smaller to fit a pillow insert that I had .




I made a little shelf from left over wood and brackets for some decor items.
















I bought Sophie this tiny little ottoman yesterday , this is a surprise she doesn't know about.







A little apron .








I received this adorable lantern from my SIL's Aunt and it was perfect for this very girly space.












We found a tiny little trellis , and I re-painted an existing lantern that was in the garden .
I used all left over paints , fabrics , accessories , we bought a few key pieces to keep the cost of this makeover down , what a sweet spot now . I must call a gardener now , oh that is me too .
I can not wait for Sophie to see it after school.


No comments: