Monday, April 27, 2009

Sophie will take possesion today

Come on in , stay a while .... One room shabby chic cottage , wood floors painted blue , charming cottage features , custom shutters , cedar shingle roof, perfect for easy entertaining , one of kind lighting , comfy upholstery , lots of designer touches , this one will not last , it is the perfect girl's getaway .


I will start from the bottom up , where I painted the floors blue to match a little birdie accessory , I also built in a bench for seating and lounging, I then used silver flower tacs to install the scalloped seersucker fabric to soften the bench . We bought one new pillow and I made the blue and dotted one . The walls were painted the same shade of pink as in Sophie's bedroom .


I built all new working shutters for the three windows.









I sewed a cushion and used fabric and foam and batting that was laying around in the basement , I cut out circles of co-ordinating fabric and sewed them to an existing pillow cover that I sewed smaller to fit a pillow insert that I had .




I made a little shelf from left over wood and brackets for some decor items.
















I bought Sophie this tiny little ottoman yesterday , this is a surprise she doesn't know about.







A little apron .








I received this adorable lantern from my SIL's Aunt and it was perfect for this very girly space.












We found a tiny little trellis , and I re-painted an existing lantern that was in the garden .
I used all left over paints , fabrics , accessories , we bought a few key pieces to keep the cost of this makeover down , what a sweet spot now . I must call a gardener now , oh that is me too .
I can not wait for Sophie to see it after school.


21 comments:

Cindy said...

What a wonderful playhome for Sophie! Any girl would be so happy to have a place of their own...this is something that your daughter will always remember. Because of you, I bought myself a laser jigsaw. Of course, I have a very supportive husband who lets me go with my ideas!

Wendy said...

That is so cute! You did a GREAT job!

The Bridwells said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I want one - especially the lantern!
Holly

Kimberly said...

I couldn't wait to see what you had done and I'm not disappointed. It's beautiful. Are there big girl playhouses? I want one.

Leslee said...

That is sooooooooo CUTE! I would have died to have this when I was a little girl. You did an awesome job!

Jennifer@3sonsandadaughter said...

Absolutely adorable! What little girl would not love that. I see many tea parties in your future.

Courtney said...

Love it!!! What a great job you did! My daughter would die to have a space like this of her own. Well done; you are such a hard-worker!=)

Restyled Home said...

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!! Little miss Sophie is going to be so excited to see the finished project. Isn't it fun to live through our children?!!

Linda
xo

amy said...

uh oh...looks like linda has some stiff competition! haha. great job! i absolutely love it! i bet your little one will too!

Wanderluster said...

Oh my - that is soooo charming! Sophie is going to love it, Chris!!

goddessof4 said...

Such a sweet playhouse!!!! I want one too!!!! I love the accessories and all the pink!!!! Great job!!! Sara

julie said...

Too sweet! Great job!!!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

She is going to love it! I can picture some baskets or metal bins sliding under the lounging bench, maybe filled with books, dolls, art paper and pencil crayons, etc. If you worry about candles, a battery operated lantern works really well too. Love the colours, so fresh!

Sarah said...

The cottage turned out amazing! Great job!

Stephany said...

this is little girls dream....u make me want a girl, great job.

Katy said...

Truly amazing! This would make my little girls jaw drop to the little blue floor. LOVE this much!!

~Amy said...

This is precious!! I loveall of the little details that you created! WONDERFUL job!

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

That looks so cute! I want to move in(;
Hugs~~Kelly

Sugee Andersyn said...

Wow that sure is fabulous! And excellent story of your fate with your friend! How wonderful :)

Amanda said...

I am one of your blog stalkers - love you and your blog, just never comment BUT...if I may ask what is the size and/or dimenions (just aprox) of this playhouse? We hopeto make on for my Charlotte's 4th bday this Summer. Thanks, it is just darli!

Bettsi said...

So cute!

LinkWithin

you might also like