Thursday, August 28, 2008

Step 1 panelled ceiling installation

Use a stud finder to find studs and mark all studs with pencil line or chalk line.
Prime all boards with a shellac based primer to hide all knots from coming through the final paint coat , I used Zinsser B I N , two coats was recommended. This should take a while.
The wood I have used is knotty pine with a V groove design, it comes in 8ft lengths and is priced at about .95 cents a sq ft, that is it covers 12 sq ft and is just over $11.00 a pkg , not bad, it is very thin and light great for easy installation , this product would be great for walls and back splashes , I plan to build a locker area in my basement and I will use this for the walls.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want to do this. I will be watching you very closely. Don't leave out a step. Thanks

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I have a question:
You don't think I could do this over the popcorn? I would have to remove the popcorn first?
Tam

a day in the life of bella said...

I have no idea what you are doing, but I will be watching the whole process, you can count on that! :)

Bella

TinaTx said...

This is going to look great! I'll be watching to see how the primer holds up as I have trim work that has knots bleeding through even though I used primer and two coats of paint.

Nantucket YaYa said...

You go girl!!!!!!

Danielle said...

This is going to look fantastic. Can't wait to see the final result.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the final result !!!

I too like Celine, lucky you... great pics.

Have a great Labor Day,
Kathy :)

LinkWithin

you might also like