Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Halloween decor

While I have this opportunity to possibly make an impact at this time regarding Halloween fun and food safety issues, obviously Halloween is a strongly chocolate based holiday , which poses a real threat to those allergic to milk, nut/peanuts, perhaps when choosing candy choose peanut free selections, and ask the question to children or parents trick or treating???? are you allergic?, children will not offer this information to strangers . Last year several local families asked at the door, I was thrilled, while asking is great for families like mine it also draws awareness to the issue and that is always a good thing. If you can not find peanut free perhaps a stash of non-food treats from the dollar store to offer as a safe alternative for those allergic to milk or peanuts, as carrying these allergens can often pose a threat of reaction.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween.


How I would love to deck out my front porch in the manner as pottery barn kids has, magical.
I have come up with a great idea I can make that web out of electrical tape , as long as it doesn't rain.Won't that be fun.


These are my little ghosts, I made them many years ago, they are simply a square of felt head stuffed with a bit of cotton , neck tied tight and two stitched on x eyes, super simple, some years I have hung them from clear thread but with my candelabra that has the perfect perches they now stay there every year.



I especially love these scull candles they are so goolish

6 comments:

Liz said...

Everything looks fabulous! I love how your little Halloween pumpkins turned out.

Aimee said...

Wow, your decorations are so creative! You have some fun, scary things going on in your house!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Chris, I have not been by in awhile, I apologize! You have been busy, as usual! Things look festive around here!

Such a good reminder about kids with allergies. My son has a milk allergy/sensitivity and being in school is an issue, someone is always having a birthday with milk-related products. And now I just found out he has asthma, so new worries for me! Thanks for keeping these issues in the forefront of people's minds. Especially the life threatening ones like peanut allergies, you need to be careful.

Take care,
Melissa

restyled home said...

Love your decorations! I don't know why I hold off till after Thanksgiving...I think it's just because I tire so easily of having decorations up. I love the process, but get bored...

Linda

Apron Thrift Girl said...

Thank you for your words on Halloween sweets. I'm so caught up in my own gluten allergy that I have a hard time thinking much past that. This year I'll look for something just plain allergy free. It will be a good challenge for me.

Stephanie said...

I love your Halloween Decor!
I have the same Martha Stewart garland, I don't think any girl could pass it up!