Friday, July 30, 2010

Hot off the presses

Hot off the ironing press that is , I finally got around to sewing the sink skirt I have been meaning to make , see I hate our pedestal sink it is not a cute vintage inspired number it is just plain ugly , I thought a skirt would help pretty it up , and it would provide a hiding spot for the ugly stuff like the plunger and toilet bowl scrubber .
What a breath of fresh air for our smallest and windowless room.


I simply used super sticky Velcro , it said it wasn't recommended for fabric , that do they know , I simply stitched it down after sticking it on , it worked so well.

I measured out the width I needed by measuring the sink with a piece of ribbon , I then pinned the ribbon to the ironing board and made sure I made folds to properly fit the width I would need.



Just a little fabric a little patient measuring and ironing and a little bit of Velcro and sewing , I needed three packages of 18" long Velcro I got that at Home Depot , and the skirt was 32" long .


Happy Weekend !

10 comments:

Blessed Mama said...

It looks great...and I LURVE that fabric! Great job. By the way, where did you get that cute towel hanging to the right of your sink?

Pine Tree Home said...

Beautiful fabric, Thanks for detailing how you did it too. Those Velcro people don't know we can find ways to "make it work."

Sue at Beach Bungalow said...

So pretty, Chris! I wish I could sew.

S

Ms. Bake-it said...

I love the fabric! You did a great job, it looks fantastic.

~ Tracy

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Love the fabric.

Colleen said...

...your such a smarty pants...love your last two entries!

Pearl Maple said...

Pretty choice of fabric, oh so beachy colors

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

That looks really good! I too have been meaning to make a skirt for my bathroom sink. Thanks for an idea on construction! It really dresses things up and your fabric choice is really pretty!

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Such a pretty fabric, Chris. I used hook and loop on my sister's and our laundry sinks for fabric skirts, and it holds up well. Even after washing.

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

That is the prettiest fabric! And the bathroom is adorable.
I really need to learn to sew.