Saturday, March 29, 2008

Messy messy

Anyone who has lots of kids accepts the overwhelming messes, I do , I had let's see , 2 of my own kids and 5 of not my own kids , that makes 7 plus me , and two dogs, that can stir up quite a mess, especially for my open front entrance, it is the only entrance, this is how I think it could look, no one has left , I have just hung things in the special place called CLOSET , which no one but me seems to know about it has these things called HANGERS, which still I only know of.
This is how it really looks after I have made everyone put their boots aside and hang up their coats on the appointed hooks, sometimes its hard to breath when trying to get people in and out of this messy area , but this is the space I have been given .
Dream , yes I am dreaming of a nice big entry with an adjoining mudroom , someday I will have that dream.

5 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Even though it can be frustrating to have messes - at least you have a nice little area to get all the coats and boots in a row before they come in the door. I like how you have a place for it all.

PS: All that pink against your color scheme looks very fun!

Anonymous said...

Would love to know where you got your carpet for in your front hall?

chriskauf said...

The carpet is from Canadian Tire.It is a natural fiber, I am not sure what kind, but it soaks up all wi nter brings and doesn't show stains.

restyled home said...

My heart goes out to you...LOL!! I am with you on the deep frustration when having people use your front door as the main entry. My last house was like that...thank goodness for lockers now, but I've definitely been there, done that!!

I'm loving all your posts...you've been a busy, little blogger!!

Linda

onelittlemustardseed said...

Kris, I have a lovely sized mudroom, huge double doored closet with built in shelving, organized with baskets and sectioned off, one side for kids and the other for adults. I even have lovely iron hooks for the kids to hang their coats on, so much easier than hangers!

However, no one, no one, hangs up their coats, if they do bother, they forget to close the closet door, or worse, a coat arm is hanging outside the door!

Everyone drops their shoes off right in front of the entrance to block opening the door, and if they take out a basket it is never returned!

My only sense of justice comes when I throw in their boots and shoes into the closet and I don't care where they land...then they have to dig. They have even found their shoes thrown outside if their muddy!

I'm getting worked up just writing this!

LinkWithin

you might also like