Sunday, August 2, 2009

Salvaged Kitchen Computer Nook


I have decided that since everything seems to be in re-runs during the summer why can't I ? I thought I would do a little run down of my favorite projects around the house , projects that you may also be able to make your own , may inspire you to see things in a different way or just to simply enjoy . If you are familiar with these up-coming elements maybe you too will enjoy a re-cap and a fresh look.

Let me share with you "grand central" , the kitchen desk nook .
This is where I blog and work and play , many hours have been spent here researching for design plans , shopping and being inspired .
The design for this area came from a photo in a magazine many years ago , I love the hutch for storage and display.
Although I am happy to build things myself for this one I will have to give credit to my husband.
He took an old 70's brown hutch and buffet which had some PLASTIC components , cringe !, he tore it all apart and re-built me this desk and hutch, the ultimate recycle project. A fresh coat or two of white paint unified it all.
The desk legs were comprised of a junked table we found at an antique market for $90, only the legs were worthy of saving and at $22 each it was still a great steal, so I removed them and used only two here for this desk, as I knew I could find a use for the other two and could enjoy them twice , tomorrow I will show you were the other two ended up.

False drawers with glass knobs .


The center of the desk pulls out to reveal the keyboard.



The punched metal used in the doors was found in the garbage and re-used here brilliantly , this was my husbands design .




A simple memo board keeps notes handy as well as other mementos.





Look at those legs.






Bead board painted aqua . Baskets store cables and clutter.
A handy spot where I can be a part of all the action and still get things done all that and it is pretty too what more could I ask for.


No comments: