Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Opening the curtain

Sophie loves to open all three panels of drapes on her closet to display her items, so not like me , I am a close the closet door kinda girl, that is a lot of clutter , but to each his or her own , and Sophie is an open closet kinda girl . So fix up this former odd ball of closet organization I built. A lick of paint and some decorative bead trim which comes in lengths of 8 ft for $4.00 what a great deal , it was the perfect fix. Sophie asked for white shelves and pink walls behind, no problem , I just dug out the can of pink from the existing stripes. I don't know what we would do without all this storage space.
Two days of work and now I am not ashamed of the closet being on full display.

I raised the bar in this dress area, she is a growing girl , this is a closet made especially for a child.


These hold backs are from Pottery Barn Kids and the curtains are from Wal-Mart.





Beaded trim $4.00 a piece from Home Depot. .



Pretty basket liner also from Pottery Barn Kids . All the contents of the closet were here , funny how it all looks better now.



















Small details like a new cottage style light switch And ice cream colored hangers.


















The edging of the hook board are wooden hole fillers/plugs , I just glued them on and painted it all and sanded it a bit for a shabby chic look.

10 comments:

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

Wow, what a lucky girl. She is definitely a girl who likes her 'stuff'. The coloured wooden hangers and the trim from home depot are definitely my favourite parts. You are so talented.Thanks for visiting my new blog. So many things still for me to learn. Whatever was I thinking (LOL)?

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Really, really cute, cute!!

Pink Slippers said...

Where did you buy such cute hangers? Or did you paint them?
I'm a close closet kinda girl too. When I go to bed and my hubby leaves his side open...I will get up and close it. I'm awful aren't I?
Wendy

SweDaisy said...

Great Job Chris, paint and trim make such a huge difference. I have to say, your inspiration for my laundry room is looking fantastic. I will be sure to post about it all once it's complete. For now you can take a look at the hints I've left on my blog.

Take care,
Lisa

mel said...

The makeover looks fab!!! I love the beaded trim.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You are amazing - it looks awesome!

Pajama Mama said...

that bead work is inspiring...where can i add some in my house?????
-kristen

hella said...

wow...you've been busy!!!
well done...it looks awesome!!!

your mama.

Wanderluster said...

I'm a closed-door kinda gal myself, but if I had a closet that looked like that, I may be tempted to leave it open! Great job Chris. I love all the little touches like the beaded trim and beadboard light switch.

Laura said...

I love the idea of using wooden plugs to decorate the edges of the board with hooks! So cute! Where did you find the cottage style lightswitch?