Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Opening the curtain

Sophie loves to open all three panels of drapes on her closet to display her items, so not like me , I am a close the closet door kinda girl, that is a lot of clutter , but to each his or her own , and Sophie is an open closet kinda girl . So fix up this former odd ball of closet organization I built. A lick of paint and some decorative bead trim which comes in lengths of 8 ft for $4.00 what a great deal , it was the perfect fix. Sophie asked for white shelves and pink walls behind, no problem , I just dug out the can of pink from the existing stripes. I don't know what we would do without all this storage space.
Two days of work and now I am not ashamed of the closet being on full display.

I raised the bar in this dress area, she is a growing girl , this is a closet made especially for a child.


These hold backs are from Pottery Barn Kids and the curtains are from Wal-Mart.





Beaded trim $4.00 a piece from Home Depot. .



Pretty basket liner also from Pottery Barn Kids . All the contents of the closet were here , funny how it all looks better now.



















Small details like a new cottage style light switch And ice cream colored hangers.


















The edging of the hook board are wooden hole fillers/plugs , I just glued them on and painted it all and sanded it a bit for a shabby chic look.

No comments: