I know I have got to do something about that door bell housing , I will.
I have noticed that since my oldest daughter is growing so tall and is close to as tall as I am , so longer to have her coats grown and I was in need of taller hooks and extra hooks for backpacks, as I hate to see book bags on the floor. Adding another layer of trim and hooks solved the issue.
Most of the supplies I found in the basement as scraps from other projects.
I was faced with developing a new style for the upper portion as the light switch was in an awkward spot, which also made me think it was better to put in a white switch cover to ensure it blends in better , the photo makes it look very grey but it blends quite nicely.