Tuesday, May 27, 2008

its cleaning day


Isn't that an awful sight ,don't worry it is not mine, but today is a pretty happy day , it cleaning day ,which means my appliances are coming and soon, I have pulled apart the stove, repaired the drawer that was sticking to the point I could never close it . Thankfully mine is not nearly in that condition and I have actually kept it clean , sparkling in comparison to the image above, yuck! , but I do need to spray that awful oven spray today , I hate that oven off or whatever it is , chokes me , I dread that job , which is why I leave it until it is really needed , its not to bad right now , but anyone have a more friendly way to degrease an oven ? , I want everything as clean as possible for the new family that will be getting my appliances , I am so thrilled that I happened to hear from someone in need that I believe in a recent immigrant to Canada and is going to benefit from my good fortune.
Please any tips on cleaning the oven without horrible chemicals???
Great news , I found a recipe for a natural cleaner , it is a box of baking soda , 1/4 cup dish soap , 3/4 vinegar, 1/2 cup salt, 1/4 cup water, apparently I wasn't supposed to add the vinegar but it worked very well, gust use a big bowl, turn oven on to 250 for 15 minutes then goop on the mixture , leave for 30 minutes, I didn't wait but it scrubbed off very well the window is crystal clear now , it had an golden tinge , you know, its gone, looks great , now I can use it , I don't want to dirty it . WEAR GLOVES THE SALT IS VERY STINGING

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Unfortunately my daughter and I faced such a stove at her new apartment. Not quite that bad but certainly not clean to our standards. We mentioned it to the landlord and he gave her something off the rent. I'm really looking forward to seeing your new appliances.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife