Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Girly girl

I would never describe my style as girly , I like girly elements but not overly feminine or romantic things, not for me , pretty to look at but I like cleaner looks, I am crazy about stripes , but I need to pull myself back at times . I decided to try these floral print drapes I had that were just lying around from my kitchen , they aren't long enough on their own so I layered them over the existing beige ones , what do you think ? , I think this counts as a mistreatment and term I have been reading about on blogs, I think it is fun a little change , the fabric goes so well with the carpet and the yellows in the other sitting area are repeated in this fabric. I am now going to call this my breakfast room , it looks more like that to me .
I am going to get rid of those pink candles right now , too much .

5 comments:

Kimba said...

I just found your blog through Blanca at For the Love of My Life. Love it! I've really enjoyed reading through some of your posts and looking at your pictures today.

I think those drapes look fantastic layered over the longer ones. What a great idea! I have some drapes in my family room that I'd like to hang higher but that would make them too short. I couldn't figure out what to do. I might give your idea a try. Thanks!

Kimba

goddessof4 said...

Hi ,I like the curtains.I also like the candles but pink is my favorite color!!!!! I wanted to ask where did you find the upholstered bench that is in other photos from dining room.I love it!!!!!!

chriskauf said...

goddessof4
I am glad you like the curtains, my very fashionable daughter called them grandma.
I love that bench too, it is one of my favorite things, I got it at a local fine furniture shop , it is a Stanley furniture piece and is widely available, it is one of the few new pieces I have aquired most things I have are hand me down things.

Chris said...

As soon as I looked at the picture, I thought, "I don't remember those curtains". I think that means I look at your blog too much. ;) I think they look beautiful!

Scrappy Jessi said...

it looks gorgoeus!!
you can be a little girly!
pink never hurts anyone.
oxoxo,
jessi