Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The other side

Well here is the other side of my bedroom , I suppose I never show it due to my machine , which I NEED and do use and which is never a clothes hanger, it is not so decorative, and if I loved it to the basement cold yucky storage filled and unfinished there would be no help for me. So it stays.
but this is how the room looks, it is still in transition , with the wall color swatches a blob of brown here a blob or brown there , this is how I do it , its gonna be painted anyway, and it encourages me to just do it. Usually.
I like it all with the exception of the wall color which I am just simply bored of.
I love this light , when I bought it it was white with pink and green painted flowers and leaves, yuck, I glued these little mirrors into the centers of the flowers after being inspired while visiting a furniture store , and seeing lighting done in this way but very pricey. I am wondering if my side table should be painted and if so what , perhaps I should wait until I get that walls done. Although there are a few hits of the medium wood tone, in the pine chest , the match stick blinds and now the table, I would love to see dark dark wood floors in here in the future.

6 comments:

Andie said...

Oh, I don't know if it would be possible for me to be bored with that amazing striped wall behind me when I slept. I wish I could just transport them to my own wall.

chriskauf said...

Perhaps I should just use the darker shade of the stripe and paint the walls, maybe I just need it stronger, I do have a big can of that blue I will try it , soon every wall will be different.

restyled home said...

As far as a wall paint colour, I love the brown, but maybe it would be too overwhelming if it was everywhere? I think you are too "beachy" to go that route...

One thing I do know is that you could have a heck of a pillow fight with the stash on your bed...!!!

Linda

Aimee said...

You have a fantastic bed! Looks so cozy. And great job on the light!

Blueberry said...

I think I would try the darker colour in the stripe before I would go with the brown. I think the darker colour would look lovely with the white furniture but still show off the black frames. I'm expecting to see it all done in a day or two, knowing you. lol

Jill -Forever and Ever House said...

Hi Chris! Thank you so much for posting such a detailed post on my blog about my living room. Really, you are so nice to have gone to the trouble and I really do appreciate it. I like all of your ideas...especially adding those curtains from Ikea. I can't wait to see how it will all unfold! :o)

I love your bedroom. It is so fresh looking. Would you consider painting it the shade of green found in your bedding? I think that the pillow that you have with the striped green (with the pom poms) has a lovely shade of green that also goes along with your beachy theme. Alternatively, I see a really nice moss green in the floral bedding. While it is hard to say with photos for sure, I am wondering if this will also compliment the wood in your side table and your possibly new floors? Just a thought...