Monday, October 13, 2008

Busy busy again

I love the reflection from this mirror , isn't it fun.
Here is my newly upgraded curtain rod, I had planned to pick up a matching one to the others on the main floor but of course as luck would have it , it is discontinued , well of course because it was beautiful and affordable, but as luck was actually on my side yesterday I found this lovely thick and sturdy black rod ,I love the squared finials and it was $25.00 less than the other .
Here is the skinny cheap falling apart rod I replaced , the scale was all wrong .
This was the room I spend my whole day in , while my family went off to visit out of town I stayed behind to finish the trim work and curtains for this closet in my youngest daughters room (will explain why later), I opted for no closet doors in here , the sliders they offered I hate , doors would be nice , but there is not enough room to fully open two doors and have a double bed so doors were out , I decided on curtains , which turns out is a perfect fit , Sophie swings them open to easily access her hanging clothes . All of the trim around the closet opening is what I installed yesterday as well as all new baseboards, click on the photo for a closer look, it was just sort of an open box , I thought adding a header and mouldings to dress it all up would be an added touch of character to a small room like this .
The antique white was too yellow for my liking so this formerly black mirror is now the perfect shade of pink.
The room is almost finished and I will show it off properly later.
Cheers for now.

4 comments:

Suzann @ Lavender and Roses said...

Love the new curtain rod!

I went and took a visit to your other blog and it is just wonderful!

Your mirror reminded me that I am supposed to pick up a freecycle mirror tonight. Yikes!

Nantucket YaYa said...

Hi chris!
Nice job as usual on the house!
Where did the picture in your heading come from? Love that, too!
Jen

andrea danielle said...

I am feeling like you lately....your the only other woman I know that literally does it all. You'll have to check out my next project. Everything looks great!

Erin said...

Can't wait to see the results of your DD's room! Always love what you do for your girls' areas!

LinkWithin

you might also like