Sunday, August 19, 2007


On goes my dining room drama, I decided today to tackle painting the chairs a creamy white, but I am already worn out, it is such fiddly work, annoying, and the paint isn't wanting to stick, the pic of the chair on the floor is with three coats,so I have found two very nice options from sears, I like the curvier option which is twice as expensive as the x chair, which I have always loved , but find it a tad trendy. Oh what's a girl to do , now I have a bunch or chairs in a multitude of colours none of which I like.

I decided it was ok to give Mason who is entering grade 4 a few highlites for the new year , it went well, I even did foil at home with a kit , I asked Sophie if she wanted a few , she said nah! until she saw how Mason's turned out, then she was ready so I did 3 or 4 for Sophie, her's look very natural ,not as bold as for Mason, its fun.

Moe is growing like a weed, still pooping with no warning at all, but he loves to poop on our register vents, little bugger. He's lucky he's cute.


Stephanie said...

Hang in there, they are looking great!

Aimee said...

Your girls are so cute! And I love the pic of the dog! Gotta love those ears! :)

Liz said...

Painting chairs is usually such an ordeal. I bought an oak table and chairs at garage sale. The chairs are sort of windsor-like with lots of spindles. It took me three days to paint them (finally I discovered that a good sanding, a coat of primer spray paint and then another coat of the colored spray paint was the best way to go). It was such an ordeal that I never even started painting the table, it just exhausted me! So, I feel your pain. Good luck.

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

I am loving all your photos, charm and decor detail. I love it so much I have featured you on Todays Creative Blogs
Don't forget to tell your readers all about it.
You have inspired me.

Splaneyo said...

Congratulations on the feature - you really do have great ideas and a fabulous blog!

Eeva said...

Found your blog through todays creative blog. WOW I LOOOVE what you have done!! Love love love the colors of your little cupboard.