Friday, August 24, 2007

To sit or not to sit.




Benches ,benches ,as my dilemma continues with my dining room continues, I have great faith that the X back or Hampton chairs I ordered will be just what is needed to make me happy and update this space, but the table I have is long now but can be even longer with one more leaf, so I want to make the most of the available space for those rare occasions when we have dinner guests, I think we have had meals there 6 times in the last four years.........so a bench will fit the bill, allow plenty of kids to pile on , at least that is what I imagine, I sure wouldn't want to spend much time on a bench eating , but it looks cute. Maybe I will use the bench off to the side pile magazines, plates and baskets for table linens, but on occasion pull it up for additional seating, that is probably the best use.
I will pick up the simple bench to the in pine as it is $99.00 at IKEA, I will paint it, maybe add some details to spice it up a bit.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Hi! I am a big fan of the bench seat and have 3 chairs on one side and the bench on the other. I love it and it creates a different look than the usual seating arrangements!

Katrina :)

restyled home said...

I like the bench idea...I thought about doing that to during my dining chair identity crisis, but hubby is too busy with his new business and I'm not handy like YOU!! I look forward to seeing your new chairs. I STILL haven't painted my table yet. The chairs are done, but I haven't decided on a table colour yet.
I'm in such a mood to shop...I feel like getting something big, but alas, my hubby is too sensible!!

Linda

Liz said...

I have always wanted a dining table with benches! I think it is a great idea for big parties, my guests spill out into the living room over my white carpet... it takes years off my life!

LinkWithin

you might also like