Friday, February 20, 2009

Making and entrance

Although my entrance is on the small size I still believe it can be hardworking and welcoming as well as good looking.
How I have made my entry good looking , after all you never get a second chance to make a first impression .
1. I have a pretty wool rug, this rug soaks up wet from boots as well as hides dirt and leaves you with a non slip surface as well a a pretty pattern to look at , no need to go utilitarian here , this one was $30.00 form Home sense.
2. Lighting , don't leave up builder lighting a pretty fixture here is not wasted , every time you welcome someone into your home or even accept a pizza from the delivery guy it is viewed.
3. Hooks , if your closet like mine is small and busting at the seams think of adding some trimwork to attach hooks to , for kids especially this is great , it makes it easy for them to help keep this busy area tidy , they do it at school and they can do it at home, when I have guests over I usually clear out all of the hooks to allow guest to use these hooks and not have to look at our clutter, I think it is a good looking feature .
4. For this window I dressed with a simple striped blind , pretty details should never be over looked , a bare space is never inviting .
5. I painted out the door bell cover to blend in with the wall to make it disappear .



22 comments:

Lisa said...

ENTRYWAYS ARE ONE OF MY BIGGEST LOVES. THEY ARE SOOOO IMPORTANT. FUNCTION, AND FIRST IMPRESSION ARE REALLY A MUST.

GREAT ONE YOU HAVE. SO LOVELY.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

OH YEAH, DID I TELL YOU THAT I HAD THOSE TILES IN MY ENTRYWAY IN OUR OLD HOUSE WE BUILT. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM. I USED THE YELLOW BOTTLE OF GLOSS SHINE FROM HOME DEPOT, AND PEOPLE WOULD ALWAYS, ALWAYS, COMMENT.
PLUS IT WAS SOOOO EASY TO KEEP UP WITH. JUST SWEEP.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Joanna said...

It looks really great. I love that lighting fixture that you have up.

MJ said...

So pretty! I'd love to know the paint color/brand you used! I'm always looking for great colors!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Absolutely wonderful!

ALVN of WhisperWood Cottage said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Hillcrest Acres said...

Love it all! Every little detail is amazing.

Cottage Lifestyle said...

Great tips. Love your home and your blog.

Renee

Chris said...

Wall color is Reflecting Pool 10GG 62/026 CIL / Glidden

Susan said...

Great ideas. Love the lighting fixture!

Sarah said...

Hey Chris, I didn't realize you're closet door was black - is that new? I love it!! Is it the same black that you used on the stairs?

Anonymous said...

Great job Chris, I love that you painted the door black, are all your interior doors black ?? It appears to be a satin finish ????

Have a nice week-end...
Kathy :)

Wanderluster said...

Looks fantastic Chris. All the details do make a difference! Love the black door too.

Leigh said...

welcoming!

julie said...

Looks wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris - where did you get the hooks?

Chris said...

The hooks are from Home Depot , and the paint is a satin finish .

alice said...

very inviting. Love all the details.

Sarah Ada Cupcake said...

I am still trying to figure out if I even have an "entryway". The front door opens into the dining room! Well, we had to rearrange when we had two more kids, so we built a wall in the living room to house all their stuff. So we had to put the living room where the dining area was, and now the dining is in the leftover bit of the living room. It's teensy! And we've outgrown the space but are stuck here for a while longer.
Any suggestions? I'll have to write a post about this I guess and put up some pics. But I really do need help. I love your entryway, you're the best!

DomesticDivasFancy said...

I love it...it looks fantastic!

Tangee said...

I love what you've done with it. It looks so nice.

Anonymous said...

hi there,
I remembered reading about your new slate entrance many months ago - now we're considering the same. My mother in law (full of opinions, often incorrect ones) says slate is too slippery for the front entrance, a virtual deathtrap. What are your thoughts, now that you've lived with it for a few months?
Thanks!

LinkWithin

you might also like