Thursday, February 4, 2010

Holy Scrap!


This little spot has driven me crazy as it was drywall finished , which on a horizontal surface does not wear well . It nics and scuffs like crazy , so I took all my little off cuts of v-groove pine and nailed it down to create a better wearing surface , I then stained it twice with walnut stain and top coated it with poly , I will sand it nice and smooth and add more poly , I also framed it with recycled pieces of trim from the old island ends. This was a $0.00 upgrade, this should stand the test of time , hopefully I will find something just perfect to put here , it may be a basket with a lid , storage is king.

I have been keeping my eye out for a new mirror for my oldest daughters room , while hunting for the right decor pieces for a client I did come across a real bargain , this faux finished mirror , hate the faux but loved the moulding on this mirror , when it is not right , PAINT IT! this is a solid wood frame , it cost me $14.00 , can you believe that , a big lovely framed mirror for $14.00 regular $49.00 , amazing , I was hoping for a deal but never imagined a deal this good.
Happy bargain hunting , I hope this good luck continues.


No comments: