Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Dream kitchens

These lovely kitchen are all from Muskoka multi million dollar cottages, to put them into perspective




Blue Kitchen photo courtesy of cottage bethy




All of you struggling with a kitchen in need of an update , have just discovered its hard to do a kitchen, not because its hard to do , its just hard to choose, I mean think back 17 years for most that's doable, kitchen were honey colored boxes, oh maybe a wine rack to spiff it up, but nothing much to make your heart sing, fast forward to today stainless steel, professional appliances, stone in intricate patterns,glass tiles, a vast array of flooring materials, colors, cabinet styles a plenty, where do you start, there is so much to choose from, but what fun , there is nothing better than a lovely kitchen.
My makes kitchen perfect for me list
1. recessed panel wood doors painted white
2.wood floors
3. vintage style lights,and pot lights
3.library drawer pulls in rubber bronze
4.white subway tile
5.deep white sink in cast iron, someday a apron front version.
6.large eat at island
7.custom range hood
8.Jenn-Air fridge with cabinet door fronts
9.stainless steel stove
10. soapstone counters.
11.french doors to backyard
12. window at the sink
well I'm not doing badly at all , all I don't have are the appliances,soapstone counters and french doors, as far as wood floors I have the family room portion of the kitchen so that is good, the majority of the tile is covered by my large eat at island and is easy to maintain.My kitchen is very close to the dream.I was trying to start over with the kitchen I have what would I do differently , and really I would not ...I love the layout the style and what is better than that.



No comments: