Wednesday, June 20, 2012

fresh coat for the closet

Here is the before of my laundry room pantry/closet. It is outfitted with built ins I made out of MDF 12"x 8' shelving, edged with primed select pine. Lots of shelves to keep things stored and organized. When we bought this house I was very excited to have this space , I looked very forward to having a dedicated spot for my vacuum and brooms and such. I also looked very forward to getting the dog food , bowls and gear out of my kitchen. It has turned out to be a great asset and I just love it. I even have space for drinks and extra food items which I never really had ever before.
It needed to be primed and caulked , which I was putting off because who really wants to do all that .
I was thinking of painting it all a punchy color , but I was easily swayed to keep it fresh and white, or off white I guess with our Birch White.
After taping off and filling holes and sanding then dusting I tackled the priming followed by caulking. 
 Gave it all a couple of coats of semi-gloss Birch white general paint.
 I re-attached all the gadgets.

 Doesn't it look fresh and crisp , I love a good built in.
Now I wait to be able to put all the contents back where it all belongs , and maybe I will make some doors for this closet , or maybe it will just get a curtain, that might just work better. Heck maybe I'll keep it open , its my laundry room.
OMG I just realized since I added wheels to the dog food container I have room for another shelf... that I can make from scraps....

4 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh what a fabulous space. I love it. Hugs, Marty

Walking on Sunshine said...

Another good idea,can not waite to see the final result.
Love what you do with all the decor and updates in you House
xox
Lulu

Jenna @ Sequined Sunsets said...

Great Transformation! I wish I was organized as you :).

How2home said...

Love this idea! You're so creative and you definitely used every inch in this space. Very efficient and easy to find all your stuff. Great job Chris!