Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy House Tour

Well the Holiday House Tour is behind me and it was a real blast , I loved meeting everyone ,I stuck around for the first two hours, people were so kind and complimentary , I was happy to answer questions , like about this floor , people love this Tarkett floor , it is Cherry artisan finished engineered if you are wondering as well , I could have stayed all day talking but I didn't want to miss the other houses , this was my first tour , there was a group of ladies that rented a limo , now that is a great idea ....next year
I love how clean the master bath is , it looks so polished and pristine , wish it could look this way forever , no ugly shampoo bottles or soap anywhere , everything ugly is stashed away , did you see my new striped rug there , so nice huh

People enjoyed my subtle Christmas theme , there are so many details for people to take in after all , I printed up a sheet of interesting things that I did in each room




I stayed up very late making these coffee filter pomeanders , aren't they cute ?
When you are pressed to get things right don't you hate it when they go wrong, there is no time for things to go wrong two days before a big home tour through your house , well when I was removing the cushion cover the other day to wash it it ripped at the zipper and just kept ripping a catastrophic rip, I worried this would happen someday , see the zipper that was put in by the seamstress I used was not the right size , it did not wrap around the corners , so in a panic I called Lisa a wonderful cushion cover genius , she sensed my panic and she saved the day and replaced the zipper and back panel in nick of time , she really saved me , did you know zippers comes in a roll ? and should wrap around the corner of your cushion to allow for easy stress free foam or stuffing removal ...if it doesn't have this done properly Many many people loved the old door turned chalkboard




Also the magnetic crystals on the chandelier were a BIG hit , I heard many people say that they were going away with many ideas , how wonderful Home Depot , only in Canada maybe I should sell these , any orders ?


We can finally use all the new pillows I made that I have been stashing away to keep clean until today , there is nothing like new fresh pillows

The other day I brought out the paint to touch up the girls bathroom , I mistakenly used the "wrong" colour , which left me re-painting the bath in the "wrong" colour which happily turned into the right colour after all , happy accident and since two of the walls are tile it wasn't so much painting



I was able to get all of Mason's bedroom project completed , like painting her dresser drawers black and painting and completing all of her trim
I am glad that I participated and I really enjoyed looking through the other homes I only missed one, I wish I could have shown you photos there were some amazing spaces, no photos allowed , darn eh ! my neighbours are troopers dealing with a steady stream of cars all day , thanks to them for that
I am going to have a long deserved rest
Are you wondering how a house fairs after hundreds of people make their way through ? well I am happy to say everything looks just how I left it , there was one sharpie accident but nothing I can't handle its just a paint touch up , like my husband said I basically repainted the whole house leading up to this tour so a little touch up is no big deal , I hope the person doesn't feel to badly about it ...no worries
Good night all
Chris is going for a nice long rest

31 comments:

oldblackcatboo said...

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. You are amazing!
Your home is SO beautiful and I'm in awe of all you have done.
Bravo!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

So beachy, love the great beachy colors like the blues.

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Your home looks absolutely beautiful and you worked so hard! You should be so proud!

Restyled Home said...

So much perfection wrapped up into one home! You should be so proud of yourself...everything looks amazing! It looks as fresh as a brand new home, except yours is loaded with character!

Congrats on a fun and successful tour. I bet you will be getting a lot of calls coming your way...!!

Rest up now; you deserve it!
Cheers,
Linda
xo

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your home is gorgeous and I am sure everyone LOVED it. Beautiful. Hugs Marty

vintage girl at heart said...

Your Home looks so fabulous and looks cozy too..not too formal like many home tours I have been on.
I just love all of the sweet creative touches you've added.
Just perfectly beachy!!
Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Wow, girl you do deserve a rest. I say a spa day is in order. We go to our local Christmas tour on Friday night the candle light tour. I bet they will be busy this week.

Lori

Love of the Sea said...

You have such a beautiful Home. I love your taste. Just gorgeous!!!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Your house looks amazing and now you get to enjoy a newly freshened up home for the holidays. You certainly deserve a break. Kind of nice to know all the Christmas decorating is already done, eh?

Just Cherish Today said...

I love this home!

You did such a GREAT job!

www.justcherishtoday.com

enjoy your weekend! :)

Rambling Renovators said...

So glad to hear the house tour went well Chris! I wish I could have made it. Put your feet up and relax. You deserve a good rest.

Kim said...

your home is lovely!! exactly what i expected plus, plus, plus...would love directions on making the coffee filter balls pleeeez!! your hard work has paid off!! decorating is truly your gift!!

designlove-cynthia said...

Great Job Chris! You deserve a long rest now! Glad enjoyed it!

Cindy
xo

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Simply Beautiful! Thanks for the tour, I enjoyed myself.~Cheers Kim

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Thank you for giving us the complete tour too! Your house looks so amazing! Very beautiful!! So fun to get to look around. :)

kerrie said...

Oh I wish I could have toured your home. How fun! What a wonderful experience for you.

Lorelei Potter said...

I really enjoyed looking at your home "all dolled up". The home tour motivated you but You have motivated me to not only get busy decorating and cleaning for the holidays but also enjoying the process. I love how you take such pride and enjoyment in all your projects :-)
from - LoriDavisPotter.blogspot.com

CoopDeVilla said...

I enjoyed the tour twice! Wow, wow, wow, love your style.

T said...

Congratulations on a great day! I am glad you had some nice people though that gave you some positive feedback. It's always nice to hear - especially since you worked so hard :)

BearShe Cottage said...

Your house is amazing. I would love to see a picture of the outside too.

Carriage House Antiques said...

Awesome job Chris!!! Now you can relax for the rest of the season,what a great push to get all those things done!!!
Natalie

Barb @ GritsandGlamour said...

Well, since I absolutely drooled over all your pics here, it was probably a good thing I couldnt make the tour in person as there may have been more accidents. LOL

Just awe-inspiring. I loved all the details and could stare at the pics for hours getting ideas.

I have been asked to participate in a Home Tour for a few years and have been relunctant, but maybe I will consider it....one day. :)

Thanks for allowing us to also take your Home Tour.

Cat & Cricket said...

do you have a guest room.. for runaway gypsea girls? Love it! Your home is so comfy!
Cricket

Cindy said...

Your house was so fabulous, a great retreat without the sand on your feet!

I really enjoyed all your whimsical touches. The portal mirror, the chalk door with the list that included a table saw amongst the laundry list of items and the F Scrabble necklace in the bathroom.

Your curb appeal was also fantastic, long before we saw the official tour sign time we knew that we were at the right home. I do hope you can find time to post an outside photo!

Irene Robertson said...

I love your home. It looks so relaxcing, cozy, and inviting. I am so envious.

Katrina Chambers said...

Everything is looking so gorgeous and full and homely :)

Passionate for White said...

I am so happy to have come to your blog via DustyLu. Love your taste and it looks at though you and I also like Boston Terriers. I have a 12 year old male named Pal!

Donna said...

Chris, Just wanted to say thanks sooo much for allowing us to have your home on the tour! I heard raves all day. People took away so many terrific ideas -- you have a legion of new fans.
Money raised will go to Station Gallery's free community programming. Because of you kids and teens will have the chance to flex their creative muscle.
Thanks again!
Donna Raetsen-Kemp, Station Gallery

Stephanie said...

This is unbelievable. Absolutely gorgeous. You inspire me! I'm speechless. You rock, Lady!

I love the blue walls in your bathroom and the rug, so pretty! And the pink pillows add some pop on your bed. Brilliant!

You deserve a rest, Chica!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

You are amazing & you deserve a long rest!! Just wanted to let you know that I started reading your blog a year ago to get ideas on beachy decor! Thanks for always inspiring me!! hugs, Cathy

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Your home is just beautiful, so warm and cozy. I just want to curl up and never leave! This is my first visit to your blog. I'm hooked on my first post! I'll be following along.

LinkWithin

you might also like