Sunday, October 24, 2010

Making new pillows

With the Holiday House Tour quickly approaching I have been dreaming up new projects and making sure everything is worthy of the tour , the stairs have been on my mind for sure , I was even just about to go carpet shopping for a new runner or even thinking of removing the carpet all together , with that comes some risk , like bumps and bruises are my biggest concern .
What I did do was take out my handy carpet cleaner Bissel green machine and some heavy duty Resolve stain remover and bissel carpet cleaning solution and I brought the runner back to life , removed an alarming amount of dirt and sand and I even worked up the loop bringing new life back into my runner , it was a great workout for sure and best of all I have a clean carpet runner .
Pillows are my next major concern , our existing pillows which all have washable removable covers are looking tattered and shabby , really shabby , pillows should have an expiry date I think . These are two of the pillows I made last night , the fabric is from Tonic Living and it is a nice heavy weight cotton with a linen look , I washed it all in warm first to shrink it all down to size.




I always make washable pillows with fold over back panels , I have a husband and two dogs and two kids my pillows need frequent washings .




I have a few more to make , I love the new look and these fabrics...



Some lovely linen .





15 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

I so need to clean my carpets...I need to pump myself up to use some elbow grease. I really like the zebra like stripe fabric.

That one girl said...

Your stairs are to die for!

Alyson said...

What I would do for a Bissel! Love the pillows; they look great.

Lori said...

Why haven't I seen your stairs before now. How gorgeous!

Hella said...

everything looks awesome! can't wait for my 'pre-tour' tour!
you are a very talented , hard-working 'mama'!
love you, my daughter!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your staircase is stunning. The carpet looks fabulous. Your pillows are so pretty. Great fabrics. Hugs, Marty

City.Cottage Shop said...

Chris when is the tour again? Do you know what other homes are going to be on it?

MommaHensCoop said...

ooo, they look so squishy!! Lovely.
(I'd love to have you over at my giveaway! It ends tonight!)

jenna @ alittlebleu said...

love the fabrics you used for your pillows :)

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Great fabrics. New pillows just freshen up a whole room.

Between Blue and Yellow said...

Really love the look of the new pillows! Linen is so versatile.

Rhonda said...

When is your tour?
The pillows are great! Good job!

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Love your new pillows! Great fabric!

SweDaisy said...

Love the pillows. I keep wanting to make some of my own. Do you have easy to follow instructions on how to make the fold over type?

Take care,
Lisa

Restoration House said...

I absolutely love your staircase. You have done an awesome job. Can't wait for the home tour!