Friday, January 15, 2010

Summer lovin'

Today outside in mid January the snow is melting , very unusual for Ontario , but I am happy with the melting, however the "real" winter weather does force me to slow down and take a break from home improvement ,at least my own . It does give me time to plan , plan things like my closet remodel and the backyard improvements , this plan includes my wish list .
My wish list includes a small fiberglass pool with stone surround. A little 15 foot pool.
A sweet little shed for pool equipment .



A wood boardwalk style walk way to the backyard . Our side entry into our backyard is just as tight as this home , makes me feel good to see someone else with a tight walkway who made the best of it .



New garden style patio doors to replace out icky sliders , yours may not be icky ,mine are icky.

And most importantly a beautiful pergola structure over the entire deck , just like this one with the double lanterns and all.




This is the dream , I think I need to start buying some lottery tickets, because this is pricey, well these things take time , it is always good to have a plan .



13 comments:

Megan said...

I like your wish list.... scratch that ~ love it!

It keeps my hope alive.... warm weather will arrive!

Jenna said...

Ohhh... pretty! I really love the boardwalk idea! And the pergola? :::sigh::: Gorg!

Jane said...

Looks interesting! Wishes do come true...

Debbie said...

Great plan! I love your planned out drawing, LOVE the pool shed and pergola...well everything! I'm sure you will get your dream, just don't stop dreaming! I am also in dream mode over our backyard. Your whole plan looks lovely.

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

I like your wish list too. Isn't it amazing that our homes in this area can be so expensive, ours over $400,000, and we have such tiny backyards and narrow sides.

We put a really nice Uniloc stone patio in our yard this year. I'm so looking forward to spring and summer and enjoying our gardens and yard. We bought an awning but my dream one day is for a pergola like the one shown. But I think I will save the pool for our next home one day, hopefully in the country.

Thanks for sharing, you ofen find some great photos for us to enjoy.

The slightly warmer weather is sure exposing a lot of grass. Wonder how long the milder temps will last?

Low Tide High Style said...

Beautiful, and I love the pool with the stone and the idea of that darling shed!

Hope your plan comes true!

Kat :)

nameisgrace said...

can i come visit you in the summer? haha this is so great!

Gracie said...

I'm with you on the garden doors and the pergola - the exact same things are on my wish list. We just bought the wood on sale to build a small deck next summer and I'm hoping it includes a pergola.

Mel said...

I know you will make this happen. And it will be gorgeous. How can it not be?!

I am going to tackle my postage stamp sized backyard this spring.

Keep living the dream Chris.

Kim said...

Mine are icky, too!!

Caroline said...

That looks like a great, fun, backyard.

atayala said...

What a beautiful world when you have a beautiful house. This place is what I fall inlove with specially if there is a swimming pool like this. Hope someday if I build a house, have a swimming pool too.

Deirdre G
philippine real estate

demotutorial said...

suddenly, i miss the patio sets and the garden we have back home :(