Saturday, April 26, 2008










I have been keeping a little secret that I would have loved to share , I held a shower for my mother for her upcoming wedding , to a very kind and sweet man.

It has been a lot of fun for me , I wish I could have an outlet like this more often. I had a wonderful helper with the invitation, you know who you are, and thank you so much, they were a big hit and very fun to make.

The theme was pink of course, I borrowed many things from around the house that worked with my theme, like covering the couch with a pink blanket and pillows from Sophie's room, as well for the dining room I used a blanket, the most fun and festive are the Chinese lantern's two for $1.00 so I cleared the store , I love the feeling they give, so fun, we will reuse them for the dining tents at the wedding as well, that green huh!

It was a complete surprise and for the bride to be my mom , her first shower ,I am so glad I held one for my deserving mom, the lingerie was from classy racy , really , to hospital chic.

Now I rest.



12 comments:

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing the pics, I wish I could have been there! You're obviously passionate about what you do and it shows in how incredibly talented you are at it. You never cease to amaze me!

Andie said...

Cute cute CUTE! From those ADORABLE invites to all the pink. And of course the cupcakes. LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Love them all! Please, please drop up a comment back with your recipe for the vanilla cupcakes and icing too?! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

i had fun and loved the surprise...all the lingerie will come in handy for the honeymoon. your support in this new adventure means the world to me.
luv ya!
your mom

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your kind words. You as your mom, have made a indelible impression on my life.
i witnessed the incredible joy you brought to your mom.
L.

Mrs. Limestone said...

How fun and festive. I love the hanging laterns.

I love to throw parties so I know what you mean about having an outlet for entertaining. I think smaller home shindigs are a lot more fun and let your creative mind go.

You weren't kidding when you said you had high ceilings! How do you get up there?

chriskauf said...

10 foot ladder, I can only use it in that one room but it will come in handy , for dusting , window cleaning, painting and drapery hanging, and now lantern hanging , but only in that one room.

Preppy Mama said...

Just Lovely. Beautiful job.
Did you make the invitations yourself?
Love them.

restyled home said...

You pulled off a very classy, pretty party. Your mum must have been thrilled!

To answer your question about the wallpaper for windows, I think you can find it at Home Depot. If not, try the actual website: www.wallpaperforwindows.com

Talk soon,
Linda

megduerksen.typepad.com said...

how cool!
that looks like it was alot of fun.
i love hosting parties! it is alot of work to get organized but so many projects get done just for that party!
and it is fun to see the house all dressed up.
that's so neat you did that for your mom.
looks great.

Liz said...

How sweet. Please tell your mom congrats for me.

Tania Wood said...

I am writing you because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR CHALKBOARD DOOR......did you make it yourself???? Or if not where might I be able to purchase one....you have a really great taste and style.....I love your home!
Tania
www.wilibleu.typepad.com
tania@wilibleu.com