Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hangin in there

Here is my before , the entry with baby gate UGLY , which sadly is still used , for animal protection (animal from abusive child , not mine) when I need to take potty breaks during the day , or if I want to protect guests from our overly friendly dogs.
Here is my lovely after , after much stress and aggravation because those special hinges don't come with directions, and you need to perform tricks on them to get them to work , thankfully I didn't give up. It is partially painted , but I wanted it up for today so there is still work to be done. But I love it , I installed a door stop to the wall and a stop for the door to stay propped open , for the most it will be open, but it is fun it moves so gently, the dogs can't figure out what is going on though.

A little trim work to do still to fill in the gaping, and painting , and ordering a couple of push plates for the door but I really really like it , it looks good and feels better, so when it is all complete it will be such a fun feature.
I will make sure not to carry trays towards it.

No comments: