Saturday, May 12, 2012

Friday frazzle

 I had a a long laundry list for Friday , one was to top coat the island counter. I stained it with a dark walnut stain , beech doesn't absorb much stain I guess . It turned out well though , a little richer , it had originally become too orange when I had just top coated it in it's natural state. So I had to sand it down and and stained it lightly with a water based stain then I top coated it with the floor sealer . This is a counter not a cutting board, if it holds up on floors I figured it would be great for the counter. Best thing is the diamond hard Varathane doesn't yellow or change the colour when applied and it dries super fast. Check that off the list.
Then I moved  on to complete the tile in the kitchen. The reason I installed the tile before the counters are is because tiling is messy and since I am tiling so far up the wall I didn't want to climb onto the marble. I figure that I could just leave the last row or row and a half to be installed after the counters are in lessening the gigantic mess . I am a messy tiler.

I love how the sunlight floods in in the evening.
Next I moved onto the yellow paint, I had to give it a try , so I started on the laundry room door. The colour is Para called Rattan from the Sarah Richardson line.
We are so glad we chose to stop the tile and decided not to go all the way up to the ceiling. I used the chair rail type tile trim to finish off the top of the tile. Now to grout , oh I hate grouting .
Love the yellow on the doors , it's a much happier colour.
I was so busy , cleaning and finishing up the tiling and painting the doors , why would I go ahead with the plan I had to make pizza pies??? I don't know what I was thinking , but they turned out and I was wiped out by the time 7:00pm came around.
Deep dish pizza pie :

take 1/2 a Pilsbury pizza crust and place into a buttered disposable tin cake pan , cover crust with parmesean or mozzarella, add a layer of browned ground beef cooked with garlic and onions and taco seasoning packet, add a layer of pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce add whatever pizza toppings you like ( I added black and green olives , mushrooms and ricotta cheese and a little chipotle peppers chopped), top with a generous amount of mozzarella and bake for 15-20 mintues at 400 degrees. Enjoy a deep dish pizza just the way you like it. Sophie added pepperoni to her pie. Yummy pies.
I will make them again for sure.

Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day , we are hosting a Mother's Day lunch , we are finally going to have a real do here at the new house , exciting....

No comments: