Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Slipcovering a chair

I really haven't been up to too much lately , but here is what I am currently working on for a client of mine , it is a little arm chair for their little girl.
Not an easy thing to do , many hours of fiddling to make slipcovers but I am happy it is turning out well.


I have been steadily working on my new years resolution to shed many excess pounds I have gained over the last few years, some may refer to this weight as blogger butt , anyway however it got here it needs to go , I am living in my exercise wear so that when ever it hits me or at least twice a day , I will workout on my elliptical machine. So far so good I have lost 4.5lbs already, which normally takes forever but thanks to my new iPhone app "my fitness pal" I am keeping very accountable, I can keep track and it is really helping me . One good thing is that I have a whole closet with a full array of sizes of things I love that I will be so thrilled to fit into again .


16 comments:

Beach Bungalow said...

Me too, Chris! Let's hope we are still trying in March!

S
xo

Lorelei Potter said...

Great progress on your weight loss. Exercise makes us feel so much better-- blogger butt makes us feel worse! LOL I am going to get moving --thanks

High Street Cottage said...

Well Chris, you're making incredible progress. I really want to try this, and when I do I'll have to try one of my smaller chairs first. It's going to be beautiful. tami

lisaroyhandbags said...

Your slipcover is going to be great! And good for you on your weight loss progress! You've motivated me to get on my bike today :)

CJ said...

Love your blog! I've always been a lurker... a lurker who admires your carpentry skills and a lurker who wants to slipcover something! I have no carpentry skills/experience, but surely I can do the slipcovering, as I possess a modest amount of sewing skills. But using the chair in this post as an example, for the life of me, I can't understand how, if I pin it to fit, I will ever be able to fit the bottom of the slipcover over the widest part of the arms. Help! Thanks, Cris!

Just Beachy said...

CJ ~ Its not tightly fit , there is room to lift it off , it must be taken off by lifting it off the arms and then the back to put it on front first and then putting on the back first and arms last.

City.Cottage Shop said...

looks great Chris.God I wish I had the recovering talent :( its so hard!
Jenny

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

It will be very pretty when completed.

Congrats on the weight loss. I'm doing low carb and it is amazing

Lynda @ Happenstance Home said...

Looking forward to seeing your finished chair. I have one in my kitchen that I need to try this out on. Good luck with your exercise! Sounds like your doing great!

Craftee Wanna Be said...

Congratulations too on your weight loss. I too am a lurker, with some sewing skills. I was wondering how you pinned the seat part toward the back of the chair, do you tuck some extra fabric first them pin or the other way around? Does that make sense?

vintage vine said...

Good luck with the exercise and weight loss. Last yr. I got on the same kick and I was able to lose weight and have kept it off. You go girl!!! I'll be here cheering you on!!!

lifeinredshoes said...

Ugh, weight, I can't even go there.

Now, about the slipcover, how much fabric did you use on this chair?

Ann said...

Hmmm...blogger butt?
So...that's what its called...
I'm afraid I'm developing one:)

Good luck on the slipcover...

momof4azkids said...

Good for you! I have Blogger Butt as well, but I WILL GET RID OF IT THIS YEAR! Love your blog!

www.alilbird.blogspot.com

ReFresh ReStyle said...

I think I have blogger belly! Good luck with your weight loss!
Debbie @

http://refreshrestyle.com/

Minkee Baby Gifts said...

Awesome, girl! Well done!