Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 projects re-cap part 2

I guess I will just dive right into the start of 2010 projects , one of the very first things I did was make these simple slips for my dining chairs , I really just pinned them in place and hemmed and added ruffles and stamped on our birthdays

this is just a photo I love leading into our kitchen

I also did quite a makeover on our island by adding v-groove and new brackets and a solid butcher block top also I turned the island around which has been a great change






I re did this adorable cabinet for a local client after purchasing it on kijiji , they use it under their wall mounted tv for storage and components , it looks so right , I love this piece




I helped my friend design and construct her kitchen island , it lead to a bunch of other projects which has completely transformed her entire great room , she after this built a storage unit/bar for her kitchen and built in window benches flanking her fireplace , so proud of her work





I got this lovely cabinet for my birthday last year , another kijiji project , I of course painted it blue, it is a great addition to the dining room





I finally added wood to this strange little spot leading down the stairs which at least makes it more durable


For the second time I re-upholstered this adorable craigslist chair



I cut out the center of one cabinet door and added chicken wire and added beadboard to the back of the cabinet and painted it blue for a little open display



upgrading the posts was always something I was planning on doing , so glad I did that , very little effort but a lot of style


I prettied up the chimney area with shakes and stained the to match the house , love this , I guess my neighbours really benefit from this improvement because I sure can't see it from inside this time of year



I got around to deciding on the trim for the bath , so glad I went with beadboard wainscoting it really added the right amount of charm


new lighter draped went up this year


more shakes added to the guest house / tiny playhouse
and that concludes part 2 of the recap , I clearly got a lot of projects completed around the house , things I am toying with for this year would be the basement which remains unfinished for the most part, we NEED to new sofa that is slipcovered and has a good sleeper mattress going for good quality for this purchase, wood floors for the master bedroom and some more work on the backyard and side yard path , that is where I am at right now , planning , thinking and dreaming , I am sure you are too .














18 comments:

mapleandmagnolia.com said...

What wonderful projects! I love your style...you have a great eye. Can I ask where you found the sconces on your dining room along side the mirror? They are fab!

High Street Cottage said...

Gorgeous! The slips look amazing. And they're more unique than I've seen around, very well done. The kitchen island also soooo pretty! You've really done a great job on everything, looking forward to viewing another year. xoxo tami
ps putting you on my list of blog love.

AntiqueChase said...

Your home is soo pretty and I could move right in! I have a chair like that awaiting a transformation... any tips on the welting??

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

You are sooooo talented!!!!!!Love the burlap chair covers. Love burlap anything but you did such a great job and I love the special touch of putting on the birhdates. Very sweet.
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Shorely Chic said...

Gorgeous! You truly are an inpiration to an aspiting designer like me!!

MommaHen said...

great work. I just love the cute mini-house. My goal this summer is to make a cute little country cottage garden shed. *fingers crossed*

SISILIA+JOSHUA said...

Oh me oh my, I ADORE your blue cabinet. Your home is lovely and looks so cozy!!

I can't wait until the husband & I finally get settled here in Chicago so we can do DIY too.

Happy New Year!

Big dinosaur hugs,
Sisilia - http://twonerdsinapod.blogspot.com

Dharma said...

I am so planning, thinking and dreaming....now more than ever after reading both your recaps! :) You amaze me, girl.

Wendy said...

all so pretty!

Cat & Cricket said...

All your projects are simply gorgeous!! Oh.. perhaps you are my inspiration for a New Year!
Smiles~
Cricket

Rustic and White said...

Your home is beautiful! I really like the beadboard in the bathroom. Could you tell me the colours that you used in this room?

Thanks, Carrie

the7daggetts said...

Oh wow!! I love all of your beautiful projects!! Your home is so pretty, and you are such an inspiration to me!! :)
Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Beth.

Emily@SENSELESSsophistication said...

I love all of your projects!!! Where do you find the time?! I can't wait to see all of the great things you come up with in 2011!!!

Tammy at The Drill Hall Emporium said...

Wow! You have been very busy. I love what you did with that island bench, very clever. And those slip covers for the chairs are wonderful and unique. We sell the old wooden printer's stamps...thanks for the great idea for another use for them!

ellie said...

kris, you have been a busy li'l bee...i still love your chair to bits....i wish i lived closer so if you ever tire of it i could buy it from you...it is my favorite of your projects....thanks for the inspiration.

Susan said...

I absolutely love the white cabinet and that craigs list chair is to die for! I love the blue rose fabric!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

congrats Kris, you have accomplished quite a lot in just one year! Maybe your word for 2011 should be "relax"!! you deserve it!

Janet said...

Do you have a post for the island you built for a friend? I would pay you to come here to NC and help me, but I'm broke and that would cut into my lumber budget.

Thanks Janet :)

LinkWithin

you might also like