Friday, May 29, 2009

Fabulous Friday Finds

I have a new little purchase , this very pretty table is just waiting for a paint makeover I have a new project for the weekend. Check out the dining set makeover I have found for you , doesn't it make you look differently at old sets like this , if the shape is good and the finish is dated = paint it !
I wanted to share with you some very special projects , perhaps they will inspire you . I saw this table set before its transformation a few days ago at http://www.oliverue.blogspot.com/ and knew that it was the perfect candidate for a fresh white makeover , wow is it ever , beautiful transformation , don't you agree .




While checking my most favorite blogs this morning I found some real gems , like this burlap wall , looks more like canvas or painters cloth , whatever it is it is gorgeous , to learn more about it make sure to check out http://www.karaskottage.blogspot.com/ .




What a great idea , and so well done.
Happy weekend , I hope you have some sunshine your way , we have had enough rain , please send some our way soon .



8 comments:

Olive Rue said...

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. So sweet of you to feature my table and chairs makeover. When you are on a budget like me you are forced to look at old things in a new light.

Great minds think alike because I bought that EXACT round coffee table and ends tables several weeks ago. I painted them white and of course, distressed them. I will have to send you a picture. OMG. This is too funny.

That burlap wall looks great, but what an undertaking. WHEW! The chairs were hard enough.

Shawna said...

Can't wait to see that little table re-done...it's got great potential!

Love Love Love that white table & the wall coverings! Thanks for the inspiration!

Happy Friday - hopefully it's hot in Ontario - we're at 27 here today and almost up to 30 this weekend - Wahooo! Bring on the Summer!

kottagekara said...

Chris, thank you for featuring my "burlap". I feel like I have hit the big time to be on your blog!

Lisa said...

WOW, I LOVE BOTH TRANSFORMS AND CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR TABLE

HUGS FROM MAINE

Jo said...

I've been wanting to paint an old oak table and turn it into a coffee table for our cottage... the only problem is the table is missing it's legs. Can you recommend something? I've been searching yard sales and estate sales for a possible base but haven't had any luck.

Joella
oneartsychick.blogspot.com

nameisgrace said...

So nice to see so many people love burlap!!!! Please check out my shop when you have time... I sell a ton of it!! www.coastline.etsy.com . And ps. I've donated a ton to Cora's playground. So nice to see her link on your site. Have a wonderful weekend!

Grace

Different Dog said...

Chris, do you have any suggestions for repairing a little damaged spot on the caning of one of those chairs? I have a friend who has that set and she hates it and wants to paint it but is concerned about a tear in the back of one chair. What do you think?

Online Printing Company said...

Those are very creative. I like the burlap the most. It reminds me of plain M and M's. LOL.