Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quick upgrade

I apologize that these examples are so tiny, I couldn't get a larger example, but this look is what inspired me. I thought why not experiment with the things I already have , how can I transform a already nice chair, very easily it turned out. I hope that through my blog I have shown that it is fun to try things , not fear them , all I do is a learning experience, and mistakes happen along the way but those are opportunities.






I love this brown velvet chair it is comfy and curvy but not sloppy, but I have been noticing some great studded chairs, so why not fit this chair with some studs.



It is quite a transformation, a more masculine look, a strong look, I had planned to do a little around the feet, but it just took off , I liked it all over,so far I have used 178 studs, I need some more to finish the back and far side edges, but that will cost a mere $6.00 so it is quite an affordable update.



9 comments:

Mrs. Limestone said...

Looks great!

Do you just hammer them in and they stay or do you add some kind of glue to the tip?

chriskauf said...

I just hammer them in to the wood frame , no glue, I had to remove some and place them better and they didn't want to come out.
Thanks.

Aimee said...

The chair looks great - it give it a different look that I like. You always inspire me to not be afraid to try new things! I needed to use the cordless drill today and thought about waiting for hubs to come home to help, but then I thought of you...and I did the job myself! :)

chriskauf said...

Is that true, Aimee, I am with you ,you always get bragging rights when you do it yourself, I love a good power tool , I needed to saw some little things down today , and it was so cold outside I had to use a hand saw blech.
You rock.

the feathered nest said...

What an easy way to change a look! That's a great idea!

Manuela

Liz said...

Looks great! Makes me want to put some studs into something!

Heidi said...

You are brilliant my dear! What a fantastic transformation.

barb michelen said...

Hi again, see tthis is the site i told you i signed up to. It has some nice information about how to make money using OPP, i think you might find it interesting. here it is. bye!

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!!!

LinkWithin

you might also like