Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree

I wanted to fit in a quick post before I check out for the next couple of days while I get this house in tip top shape , three days left until the Holiday House Tour you can still get tickets and spend Saturday touring 11 beautiful homes , sounds like a great day to me....

I did a little makeover on the stockings , I took off the big sequins and I attached a gathered piece of robins egg velvet , the velvet is from a pair of sun worn drapes I hated to waste , you will see me making things out of them for some time I am sure , so far the stockings and I have also made two pillow covers , I love them so soft and scrumptious .


Here are the before stockings nice cream velvet stocking but the gold wasn't working for me ...

The tree is finally up , I used the most restraint ever , just using silver , aqua and turquoise, I think it is my best tree ever, I have so many one of a kind ornaments , lots to see and take in ...
wait I do need to make some shell ornaments it wouldn't be a beachy Christmas without shells on the tree.

Back many years ago I made some ornaments out of white felt , I sewed on sequins , this is one of my fave's this little dress is so sweet , if I do say so myself , I even made a hanger out of floral wire...cute right? maybe I should make some more and sell them?
Good bye for now , I am going to be busy right up until Saturday morning I know it ....wish me much luck getting all the details ready , I am trying to focus on the big picture , no more sneak peeks , hope I will see you Saturday , I will be here till noon to chat and answer any questions and then I will be off on the tour myself while volunteers man the house ....




19 comments:

Leanne said...

I'm in the same "mode" as you right now...no house tour here though...just my husband's co-workers and boss coming!! Oh and I'm hosting the neighbourhood cookie exchange...and you know how some women are!? Good luck with the big tour. The house and all the Christmas decor looks beautiful!

LindaSonia said...

Love your handmade dress ornament. I personal think you should consider selling them. Have fun with the Holiday Home Tour.

Love of the Sea said...

LOVE LOVE your tree. It is so beautiful. Perfect. Tasteful. And yes - I would add just a few coastal ornaments - maybe a starfish or two, or a sand dollar and a couple shells. AWESOME.

Elizabeth (blue clear sky) said...

How exciting Chris! Wishing you lots of success. I'm sure your home will be the hit of the tour.

SHERRI ROCHA said...

oh how i wish i could be there on the tour it seems so fun and the stockings oh cute are they love them and the little dress yes you should make some of them to sell ill be first in line i hope you have a wonderful time on the tour of your beautiful home xoxo sherri

Object of Maya*ffection said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I just bought a white tree last night for our main tree (which took a lil convincing SO it MUST BE F A B!!) THanks for the great image!! Happy Holidays!

Wendy said...

so pretty!!! love the handmades!

...just beachy in the burbs said...

Looks beautiful! We're hoping to get our Christmas decorations out this weekend.

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Oh it all looks so pretty! Love your handmade ornaments. Wish I could tour your home. How exciting! :)

Pearl Maple said...

You are having fun getting into the mood of the season, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration

Stephanie said...

So pretty, as always. I hope you are having so much fun today!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

YOur tree is gorgeous, I love those colors.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love your white tree with the blue ornaments. So pretty! Good luck with the holiday house tour. Sounds like fun! :)

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Gorgeous tree! I love the aqua ornaments.

Rory said...

Hi there...found you via Hooked on Houses. I love your tree and stockings. I did a little burlap and aqua theme this year too, but it's coming along slowly. I need a deadline like you! I have one more stocking to make and I'll post pictures on my blog. Merry Christmas!

Lifeaswearelivingit said...

I love it! All of it.

Inspired by you said...

Love it!

Michael - Innkeeper said...

wow. that tree is seriously beautiful.

i just love a white tree! thanks for sharing!

Lisas Creative Home said...

YOur house tour sounds so exciting! Love your decor!